ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Chinese signed for...
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
If it is in the standard format of letters & numbers or one of our 2D ones I will scan it. The UK Mail and most of the foreign 2D don't scan on our PDAs. If you don't scan something say from China then RM don't get their share of the revenue from posting that item. It makes sense for us to help RM collect all the revenue they are due.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Chinese signed for...
I used to scan these but I don't scan them now unless they come out of the locker. It's just a complete waste of everyone's time.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
Really ? ? ? And here was me thinking that many part-timers might just want a full time jobpeshwaarinaan wrote:I used to scan these but I don't scan them now unless they come out of the locker. It's just a complete waste of everyone's time.
Where EXACTLY do you think the revenue required to pay your wage and pension comes from ?
-
zombiepostman
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 18:13
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
If its given to you as a special delivery and it needs a signature,get one if it says untracked or internal scan only, in our office we dont bother scanning as when you think about it,its not traceable so whats the point !!!!
Yes it might come up with a black dot when scanned but who is going to know its been signed for.
Yes it might come up with a black dot when scanned but who is going to know its been signed for.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
I hope this attitude isn't too prevalent but I fear it may be. We really need to do our best to 'zap' anything that can be done. A lot of them don't need a signature so it isn't that much hassle to do it before pushing it through the letterbox. Seems to be an increasing amount of the small Chinese packets marked 'untracked' with 'zappable' barcodes on them recently. Its probable that RM won't receive their share of the postage revenue if we don't 'zap' them. Moya is going soon and will be replaced by the German guy from GLS who has reputation for 'cutting costs'. We need to do our bit so more crazy ideas aren't thought up to make savings.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
The way I look at it is: If it's got a barcode that'll scan... I scan it. It doesn't take that long for God's sake.
If RM get some extra cash great, money in the pot for wage rises, more importantly if my PDA records that I'm scanning 150 items a day it provides more evidence when I'm trying to fight my corner, and saying I believe I have more than my fair share of mail to deliver. A lot of Posties believe that technology is going to be used against them. It cuts both ways , make it work for you! With much more mail.... Specials... Tracked... 2D barcodes...Scanned "Foreigners" ... all being scanned to your Walk, it "SHOULD" be showing up imbalances within the Office.
I must admit to being pissed off when you get a "Foreigner" from the Cage (that you've got to sign for) and them when you scan it ... it doesn't need a signature.
I've long since stopped delivering them by 1300 though. 
I must admit to being pissed off when you get a "Foreigner" from the Cage (that you've got to sign for) and them when you scan it ... it doesn't need a signature.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Islander
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
This is what I dont understand I get quite a few of these and you are right they dont need signing but the little ones that say UNTRACKED do need signing. We scan everything and get a percentage scanned result every week,I must admit to being pissed off when you get a "Foreigner" from the Cage (that you've got to sign for) and them when you scan it ... it doesn't need a signature.I've long since stopped delivering them by 1300 though.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
It's sort of like a lucky, or unlucky, dip as you never know whether it will want a signature or not. Even with the tracked sometimes it will have 'no signature required' written on the parcel but then the PDA asks for a signature. I agree having the 'foreign' ones picked out of the system seemingly at random and given out as SDs is a bit annoying. No rhyme or reason to it - I have seen foreign ones with maybe 40 quid of postage but classed as an ordinary parcel.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Chinese signed for...
Ask your DOM to print off a list of the contriesCelgar wrote:It's sort of like a lucky, or unlucky, dip as you never know whether it will want a signature or not. Even with the tracked sometimes it will have 'no signature required' written on the parcel but then the PDA asks for a signature. I agree having the 'foreign' ones picked out of the system seemingly at random and given out as SDs is a bit annoying. No rhyme or reason to it - I have seen foreign ones with maybe 40 quid of postage but classed as an ordinary parcel.
-
mailroyaly
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: over there
Chinese signed for...
The barcodes starting with the letters 'UE' are generally signed for items even if they say untracked. On average I have 2 or 3 of these classed as special deliveries every day!
Atleast they actually scan unlike those 2D barcodes which take forever sometimes.
Atleast they actually scan unlike those 2D barcodes which take forever sometimes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Chinese signed for...
Royalmail want the earth we walk on and the air we breath these days with these scans with conflicting advice on scans on the packages I guess someones bonus pension depends on it where as mine has been f****d over do I care if someone get's a gold plated pension for waging a finger at me all day!