ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Term time only working
-
magicw
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
At the end of the day Holiday is an entitlement which is just another form of remuneration . I.E payment for doing your job. As a parent ( I am one ) I don't expect any preferential treatment over any of my other colleagues, Parents or Not, Holiday is just another form of Pay and should be equitable to all.
Its absolutely your right to decide whether the Terms and Conditions of your Employment are palatable to you, But the employer has no responsibility to Favour you in terms of Holiday because you are a Parent.
Its absolutely your right to decide whether the Terms and Conditions of your Employment are palatable to you, But the employer has no responsibility to Favour you in terms of Holiday because you are a Parent.
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
There is a difference between looking after children and taking them on holiday.Creditshampoo wrote:No it wouldn’t be unfair. If you have kids you have a responsibility to look after them.joewyan wrote:I would like to hope that the answer is no as this would be grossly unfair to those people who don’t have children. Christmas holidays especially!Costas6969 wrote:Is term time only working available only to parents?
My wife and I have always taken our grandchildren on holiday with us every school holiday for years now. I started working as a postie in December and even though this year’s holidays have been approved due to them being pre booked I want to know moving forward if I can apply for term time only work so that I can continue to work at Royal Mail.
If you don’t have kids why would you insist on having school holidays off?! Selfish
Why should Easter holidays and summer holidays be prioritised for people with children (grandchildren in this instance) when people without children may also like to spend time with their families at these times?
Remember, not everybody can have children for various reasons. Why should these people be discriminated against in regards of being gazumped on holiday allocation?
-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
People should be able to go on holiday paid or unpaid whenever they want. There are enough posties that are desperate for overtime that could cover the missing staff.
I personally book my holidays and then will tell the DOM my dates. I won’t ask if I can have those dates first. They can deal with it any way they want
I personally book my holidays and then will tell the DOM my dates. I won’t ask if I can have those dates first. They can deal with it any way they want
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
It certainly will.
-
magicw
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
Costas6969 surely a wind up merchant, Or some one who hasn't come across the unique Royal Mail IR Framework. I book my Holiday and then tell the DOM he can deal with it??????????????/

-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
Not a wind up merchant. I am just someone that has his priorities right.
I work to live...I don’t live to work
I work to live...I don’t live to work
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
You will not last long in any job with your arrogant attitude.Good luck in whatever you do because i have a feeling your going to need itCostas6969 wrote:Not a wind up merchant. I am just someone that has his priorities right.
I work to live...I don’t live to work
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Term time only working
Why don't you just get a job as a classroom assistant (or as a teacher if you have a degree)? Then you will be guaranteed school holidays.Costas6969 wrote:Not a wind up merchant. I am just someone that has his priorities right.
I work to live...I don’t live to work
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
How on earth do you still have a job? So you book and pay for a five grand holiday for instance, and then 'hope' you can get the time off? What do you do if you can't?Costas6969 wrote:People should be able to go on holiday paid or unpaid whenever they want. There are enough posties that are desperate for overtime that could cover the missing staff.
I personally book my holidays and then will tell the DOM my dates. I won’t ask if I can have those dates first. They can deal with it any way they want
-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
I book holidays to cyprus for each half term and have done for the last 30 years. I have never had a problem before
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
That’s fair enough but obviously shows you have no consideration for the people you work with if you would just go off anywayCostas6969 wrote:I book holidays to cyprus for each half term and have done for the last 30 years. I have never had a problem before
-
Costas6969
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
My family or the people I work with....no contest
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Term time only working
Just get a job that allows you all school holidays off. Royal Mail does not. You should have known that before you applied.
-
mattjo1@talktalk.net
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
- Gender: Male
Term time only working
He is one selfish person,he couldn't give a S@?T about anyone but himself.
Fair enough he is a caring grandparent but what about the parents where do their priorities lie.
Fair enough he is a caring grandparent but what about the parents where do their priorities lie.