Always check everything is paid.postietom wrote:I'm probably daft putting mine straight into the shredder without even reading it most of the time! I know I earn about 500 quid a week working my rest day and doing my collections so as long as it's about that going into the bank I know it's about what it should be.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
This weeks pay slip
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
This weeks pay slip
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
This weeks pay slip
Your tax code is/was wrong. You should be getting the (fractionally!) uplifted tax code that reflects the fact that we're issued with a uniform but have to do the laundry of it ourselves. It should've been 1162 and now be 1197, so you've paid (and will continue to pay) income tax on an extra £120 of your income that you don't need to. Okay it's a grand total of an extra £24/year so not exactly going to make you rich beyond the dreams of avarice, but I'd still contact your local tax office and get it changed! (They'll back-date it for a few years too if applicable.)Celgar wrote:Last week I had a tax code of 11500 and 'PSE Adj RMPP C -21.68' on the left
This week I have tax code of 11850 and 'PSE Adj RMPP DBCBS C -22.49' on the left.
Don't know if that is of any help to you.
As an aside, there is something strange going on here because some people seem to get the uplifted tax code by default and others do not ...
Last edited by toomuchcoke on 07 Apr 2018, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
-
Roy7104
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 28 Oct 2015, 12:18
- Gender: Male
This weeks pay slip
Mine is the same this week, always thought pension payments were paid before deductions, has this changed?yellowbelly wrote:
However, my pension deductions are different (not in terms of monetary value) but in the way they've been deducted.
Normally my pension payment are a negative payment on the left hand side (payments) of the payslip described as "PSE Adj RMDCP 6%".
This week for the pension payments I have a negative payment and a (positive) payment on the left (cancelling each other out?) described
as the PSE Adj RMDCP 6% (-'ve payment) and Arrears of PSE Adj RMDCP 6% (+'ve payment) and then a deduction for "RMDCP 6% EE" on the right hand side (deductions).
To me this means that the payment has been taken out after tax and NI - so I believe I've lost some benefit as it's not been taken out as a PSE deduction......
Anyone shed any light?
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
This weeks pay slip
One reason could be is if you do not earn the participation limit which is about £192.00 gross p/w.yellowbelly wrote:Didn't get back pay yet (wasn't expecting it yet really) and some of last weeks O/T didn't make the cut off.lisa8739 wrote:Any one having bother with there payslip this week ,arrears ,changes,etc ?
However, my pension deductions are different (not in terms of monetary value) but in the way they've been deducted.
Normally my pension payment are a negative payment on the left hand side (payments) of the payslip described as "PSE Adj RMDCP 6%".
This week for the pension payments I have a negative payment and a (positive) payment on the left (cancelling each other out?) described
as the PSE Adj RMDCP 6% (-'ve payment) and Arrears of PSE Adj RMDCP 6% (+'ve payment) and then a deduction for "RMDCP 6% EE" on the right hand side (deductions).
To me this means that the payment has been taken out after tax and NI - so I believe I've lost some benefit as it's not been taken out as a PSE deduction......
Anyone shed any light?
I have had the same payslip you describe once recently, As I only work 20 hours , when I took a day unpaid leave.
Just saying this is as an example.
Last edited by rogersh on 08 Apr 2018, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
This weeks pay slip
I have heard about the cleaning uniform money before but I probably won't bother chasing it up. The tax office are a pain to phone up and sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.toomuchcoke wrote:Your tax code is/was wrong. You should be getting the (fractionally!) uplifted tax code that reflects the fact that we're issued with a uniform but have to do the laundry of it ourselves. It should've been 1162 and now be 1197, so you've paid (and will continue to pay) income tax on an extra £120 of your income that you don't need to. Okay it's a grand total of an extra £24/year so not exactly going to make you rich beyond the dreams of avarice, but I'd still contact your local tax office and get it changed! (They'll back-date it for a few years too if applicable.)Celgar wrote:Last week I had a tax code of 11500 and 'PSE Adj RMPP C -21.68' on the left
This week I have tax code of 11850 and 'PSE Adj RMPP DBCBS C -22.49' on the left.
Don't know if that is of any help to you.
As an aside, there is something strange going on here because some people seem to get the uplifted tax code by default and others do not ...
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
This weeks pay slip
rogersh - thanks for your reply, after a bit of digging and reading of the PSE brochure can see there are reasons why contributions mightrogersh wrote:One reason could be is if you do not earn the participation limit which is about £192.00 gross p/w.yellowbelly wrote:Didn't get back pay yet (wasn't expecting it yet really) and some of last weeks O/T didn't make the cut off.lisa8739 wrote:Any one having bother with there payslip this week ,arrears ,changes,etc ?
However, my pension deductions are different (not in terms of monetary value) but in the way they've been deducted.
Normally my pension payment are a negative payment on the left hand side (payments) of the payslip described as "PSE Adj RMDCP 6%".
This week for the pension payments I have a negative payment and a (positive) payment on the left (cancelling each other out?) described
as the PSE Adj RMDCP 6% (-'ve payment) and Arrears of PSE Adj RMDCP 6% (+'ve payment) and then a deduction for "RMDCP 6% EE" on the right hand side (deductions).
To me this means that the payment has been taken out after tax and NI - so I believe I've lost some benefit as it's not been taken out as a PSE deduction......
Anyone shed any light?
I have had the same payslip you describe once recently, As I only work 20 hours , when I took a day unpaid leave.
Just saying this is as an example.
be taken out of PSE, but after taking into account my basic pay and salary exchange items, I believe I should still be eligible for PSE (well above
the 192 p/w cut off). I think there's been a mess up with all the stuff happening about backdated pay rise, tax code changes and pension changes.
Computer says NO!!!
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
This weeks pay slip
Very altruistic of you celgar. I hope the tax you're forgoing goes towards the NHS and not towards the purchasing of the endlessCelgar wrote:I have heard about the cleaning uniform money before but I probably won't bother chasing it up. The tax office are a pain to phone up and sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.
stream of 'essential items' (some would call it wasteful 'tat') that we deliver every day.
What would people do without the squeaky pet toy that won't fit through letterbox or needs to be signed for or genuine designer watch for $5?
Suppose it keeps us in a job though! LOL!