ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Vote on the pension/pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by twoloops »

That's the last £115.44 yes One Hundred & Fifteen Pounds & Forty Four Pence a year the CWU will be getting off me ...... I'm out :wave waste of space, time & money.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by cpsteve »

mattycash wrote:That's the last £115.44 yes One Hundred & Fifteen Pounds & Forty Four Pence a year the CWU will be getting off me ...... I'm out :wave waste of space, time & money.
And with no union we would be deep in s### with no shovel, you could wave goodbye to any PBS payments DS your sick pay would be no where near as good the pension would be far worse when you got wronged by the management you would be on your own. Our union has got a good deal and 90% of us voted for it, pay your subs and enjoy the benefits of job security and good terms and conditions.
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by ewancurze »

I voted no.
Lots about this deal that I don't like
But you MUST stay in the Union, if we didn't have the union we wouldn't have got anything.
If we did not have a Union we would get slaughtered.
RM could do what they wanted and we would have no say whatsoever.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by crimson king »

ewancurze wrote:I voted no.
Lots about this deal that I don't like
But you MUST stay in the Union, if we didn't have the union we wouldn't have got anything.
If we did not have a Union we would get slaughtered.
RM could do what they wanted and we would have no say whatsoever.
I voted No too, but still totally support my Union. I'm still a newbie but at a local level I've already seen that our rep gets stuck in and is passionate about what he does. I'm pretty forthright and blunt and can stand up for myself, but I pay my subs each week in the comforting, solid belief that if it comes to it my rep will also have my back. That reassurance is priceless in my opinion. If nothing else, I've got a bought and paid-for witness if I ever get summoned for the dreaded "chat about issues". Let's face it, when facing RM management it's kinda nice to have friends...

I thought the agreement was a bit wishy washy, depending on trials etc but I accept the result from the democratic process. As ewancurze says, imagine how much worse it could have been without the original vote and ensuing negotiations.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by k979aaa »

55% TURNOUT was lots told not to rock the boat by reps other than that why can you not engage the 34% who previously voted in the first vote something is not right here as you cannot lose that amount of support that soon!
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by daveyeff »

I voted yes cos its not as bad as its made out. the ''ifs and buts of the trials. if the trials don't work then we still score, because we have taken part in the trial. we are getting 7% over 3 years. (nurses got 6.5) £31.00 on a full time posties pay. 2 hours off the working week. another 2 hours in the next 2-3 years and possibly the same (or more) percentage rise. there was too much apathy in this vote. hence the shocking turnout. the pension will pay a dignified wage in retirement. all the no voters will gladly accept the 7% pay rise and the 2 hour reduction that goes with it. and I bet they don't join the pension scheme Royal Mail was going to enforce.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by deltaforce »

mattycash wrote:That's the last £115.44 yes One Hundred & Fifteen Pounds & Forty Four Pence a year the CWU will be getting off me ...... I'm out :wave waste of space, time & money.
Your choice , your money. Let's hope you don't get on the wrong side of RM.
Nick b
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 32
Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 21:57
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by Nick b »

I'm with you davyeff, Yes the unions actions will have its critics including me! But on this deal to vote no is incomprehensible. The best deal in the country, our union execs actually in agreement with Senior RM! The future is uncertain, thank goodness both sides are together and actually talking and not being confrontational.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by k979aaa »

daveyeff wrote:I voted yes cos its not as bad as its made out. the ''ifs and buts of the trials. if the trials don't work then we still score, because we have taken part in the trial. we are getting 7% over 3 years. (nurses got 6.5) £31.00 on a full time posties pay. 2 hours off the working week. another 2 hours in the next 2-3 years and possibly the same (or more) percentage rise. there was too much apathy in this vote. hence the shocking turnout. the pension will pay a dignified wage in retirement. all the no voters will gladly accept the 7% pay rise and the 2 hour reduction that goes with it. and I bet they don't join the pension scheme Royal Mail was going to enforce.
No one should castigate those who voted it's the one's or 65000 who did not who should be ashamed by their own lazy attitude and these will be the same people knocking on the CWU REP'S door come June the 1st asking why we are doing more work!
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

gunho wrote:Sh*t deal, delivery workers been shafted yet again but the top men in the cwu will be ok absolutely fed up with my union
Deliveries hold the power, always have.
They can decide what does and doesn't get voted in.
Seems bizarre most don't bother to vote.
Pisses me off when they then moan about being shafted.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by number one »

Why are people from delivery offices moaning? It’s a great job, stroll around effectively being your own boss. Go slow get paid more, speed up and go home early. Want to finish on your time? Do it! Haven’t finished your round? Take it back! There’s no agreed speed as to how fast/much you have to deliver. People have to give their head a wobble and stop playing the victim. So what if your manager has said this or that, you run the show, you say what you can or can’t delicer, you decide what time you are working too, you say if you are culling it, you say if you can do lapsing or not.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by nickbsmooth »

Most my colleagues were saying they'd voted No. So that means 9 out of 10 of my work mates are lying. So 90% voted for a pension that doesn't yet exist and a reduction in the working week that may or may not happen and below inflation pay rise.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by number one »

nickbsmooth wrote:Most my colleagues were saying they'd voted No. So that means 9 out of 10 of my work mates are lying. So 90% voted for a pension that doesn't yet exist and a reduction in the working week that may or may not happen and below inflation pay rise.

*sigh*
The pension does exist it is now just a formality to pass it through.
The reduction in the working week will happen.
Stop with this “below inflation” payrise rubbish.

Did you see the original proposals of what Royal Mail wanted. If you can’t see the difference between them and what we have got you must be blind!!
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by LaggyBand »

number one wrote:Why are people from delivery offices moaning? It’s a great job, stroll around effectively being your own boss. Go slow get paid more, speed up and go home early. Want to finish on your time? Do it! Haven’t finished your round? Take it back! There’s no agreed speed as to how fast/much you have to deliver. People have to give their head a wobble and stop playing the victim. So what if your manager has said this or that, you run the show, you say what you can or can’t delicer, you decide what time you are working too, you say if you are culling it, you say if you can do lapsing or not.
Hey you actually made that sound good in my head, what were you comparing it to may I ask?

RM should do printouts, improve new start retention figures.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Vote on the pension/pay

Post by number one »

LaggyBand wrote:
number one wrote:Why are people from delivery offices moaning? It’s a great job, stroll around effectively being your own boss. Go slow get paid more, speed up and go home early. Want to finish on your time? Do it! Haven’t finished your round? Take it back! There’s no agreed speed as to how fast/much you have to deliver. People have to give their head a wobble and stop playing the victim. So what if your manager has said this or that, you run the show, you say what you can or can’t delicer, you decide what time you are working too, you say if you are culling it, you say if you can do lapsing or not.
Hey you actually made that sound good in my head, what were you comparing it to may I ask?

RM should do printouts, improve new start retention figures.

I am saying what it’s like in my office. I am the rep and don’t accept any of this bullying from any manager towards my staff. I make it clear to the managers that the staff run the show. They are in charge of their own day and say what they can and can’t do. If a member of staff approaches me saying they think they are being bullied or picked of I nip it in the bud straight away, non of this raising disagreements or facts finding nonsense. We are all adults I can talk things over face to face. The role of the manager is to get the most work out of you with the least cost. They themselves might be being bullied from their managers and poo rolls down hill. I am not scared of confrontation but will only ever be reactive to situations. I think too many people just accept poor treatment from managers and then moan about it. People need to stand up for themselves a little more.