ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

So what time is the result?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kodal
Posts: 59
Joined: 13 Aug 2017, 14:07
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by Kodal »

:cry :cry :cry Wish I could
loverman shabba wrote:voted in 90.1% yes. thats gotta be some kinda joke. glad I'm getting out in the next few months
tinkerdil
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 81
Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:16
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by tinkerdil »

It's a ringing endorsement from those who care to vote.
hans solo
Posts: 3291
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by hans solo »

tick tock just wait for the industrial unrest when cwu realise they have given rm the go ahead to pursue their real agendas
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by postslippete »

When can I put in a transfer to a full-time cushy mail centre role??

Less hours for increased pay, nice night shift allowance, payment for D2Ds (even though you don't actually deliver any) and no bull from managers regarding leaving any mail/packets back.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

So what time is the result?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

postslippete wrote:When can I put in a transfer to a full-time cushy mail centre role??

Less hours for increased pay, nice night shift allowance, payment for D2Ds (even though you don't actually deliver any) and no bull from managers regarding leaving any mail/packets back.


No one is pad for D2Ds, no wonder we got a Yes vote if people still don't understand old agreements.

MCs are paid a supplement thats roughly a 1/3 of the delivery one.

Yes - I am angry that this D2D crap still gets posted.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Max_Power
Posts: 32
Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 22:55
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by Max_Power »

Great result, no sympathy for those who don't use their votes.

Any information to when we can expect our back pay and pay rise? next week??
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by postslippete »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
postslippete wrote:When can I put in a transfer to a full-time cushy mail centre role??

Less hours for increased pay, nice night shift allowance, payment for D2Ds (even though you don't actually deliver any) and no bull from managers regarding leaving any mail/packets back.


No one is pad for D2Ds, no wonder we got a Yes vote if people still don't understand old agreements.

MCs are paid a supplement thats roughly a 1/3 of the delivery one.

Yes - I am angry that this D2D crap still gets posted.

Well thats because the old agreements are just as bad as these new agreements. I used to make quite a bit of dosh doing those D2Ds until the Union scrapped them and I never used to mind posting the D2D crap that you call it.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
the.postman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 19
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 15:45
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by the.postman »

Well that's given RM a license to do "IN PRINCIPLE" what ever they want.
How anyone can vote yes to this kind of "agreement" is beyond me
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

About this time next year, I suspect many of the yes voters will be scratching their heads, because unknown target levels for unknown specific trials have not been met so there are no further conditional pay increases and no further shortening of the full time working week.

The only unconditional improvement for us was the backdated pay increase of 5% from October 2017 to the end of this financial year, as far as I'm aware.

How this provisional agreement of "if, buts and maybes" has had a ~90% yes vote from ~55% of the members is unbelievable to me. I hope they don't reap what they have sewn and I expect what is effectively "working for free" (through starting before contract times, not taking and not claiming meal relief, working past contract hours without claiming) is going to go through the roof.
Last edited by IloveMYredTROLLEY! on 28 Mar 2018, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

So what time is the result?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

postslippete wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
postslippete wrote:When can I put in a transfer to a full-time cushy mail centre role??

Less hours for increased pay, nice night shift allowance, payment for D2Ds (even though you don't actually deliver any) and no bull from managers regarding leaving any mail/packets back.


No one is pad for D2Ds, no wonder we got a Yes vote if people still don't understand old agreements.

MCs are paid a supplement thats roughly a 1/3 of the delivery one.

Yes - I am angry that this D2D crap still gets posted.

Well thats because the old agreements are just as bad as these new agreements. I used to make quite a bit of dosh doing those D2Ds until the Union scrapped them and I never used to mind posting the D2D crap that you call it.

You misread my post. The D2Ds aren't crap. What keeps getting posted about the payments for them is.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

So what time is the result?

Post by k979aaa »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:About this time next year, I suspect many of the yes voters will be scratching their heads, because unknown target levels for unknown specific trials have not been met so there are no further conditional pay increases and no further shortening of the full time working week.

The only unconditional improvement for us was the backdated pay increase of 5% from October 2017 to the end of this financial year, as far as I'm aware.

How this provisional agreement of "if, buts and maybes" has had a ~90% yes vote from ~55% of the members is unbelievable to me. I hope they don't reap what they have sewn.
They just looked at the back pay not the future I am sure they will have plenty of time repenting in the not too distant future!
Whysoslowyehcfc
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by Whysoslowyehcfc »

well done lads :Applause
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hans solo
Posts: 3291
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by hans solo »

Max_Power wrote:Great result, no sympathy for those who don't use their votes.

Any information to when we can expect our back pay and pay rise? next week??
because thats all that mattered :Applause :Applause :Applause
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by number one »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:About this time next year, I suspect many of the yes voters will be scratching their heads, because unknown target levels for unknown specific trials have not been met so there are no further conditional pay increases and no further shortening of the full time working week.

The only unconditional improvement for us was the backdated pay increase of 5% from October 2017 to the end of this financial year, as far as I'm aware.

How this provisional agreement of "if, buts and maybes" has had a ~90% yes vote from ~55% of the members is unbelievable to me. I hope they don't reap what they have sewn and I expect what is effectively "working for free" (through starting before contract times, not taking and not claiming meal relief, working past contract hours without claiming) is going to go through the roof.
Somebody else that has to read the agreement!!!
Max_Power
Posts: 32
Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 22:55
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by Max_Power »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:About this time next year, I suspect many of the yes voters will be scratching their heads, because unknown target levels for unknown specific trials have not been met so there are no further conditional pay increases and no further shortening of the full time working week.

The only unconditional improvement for us was the backdated pay increase of 5% from October 2017 to the end of this financial year, as far as I'm aware.

How this provisional agreement of "if, buts and maybes" has had a ~90% yes vote from ~55% of the members is unbelievable to me. I hope they don't reap what they have sewn and I expect what is effectively "working for free" (through starting before contract times, not taking and not claiming meal relief, working past contract hours without claiming) is going to go through the roof.
Page 12 of the agreement states there is another 2% rise in pay from 1st April 2019.

The next Pay review date is 1st April 2020.