ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Pay...

Post by Charliecat »

Didn't realise I was even paying 1% pension! I started on the 15th Jan 2018 . Don't think they have taken pension payments. Do you not have to work for so long before your 6 months starts to be taken into consideration ? Or is it 6 months from actual start date? I know you have to be there a year before your allowed to be ill and get sick pay ☹️
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

Pay...

Post by The Postman »

Charliecat wrote:Didn't realise I was even paying 1% pension! I started on the 15th Jan 2018 . Don't think they have taken pension payments. Do you not have to work for so long before your 6 months starts to be taken into consideration ? Or is it 6 months from actual start date? I know you have to be there a year before your allowed to be ill and get sick pay ☹️
Sorry, didn’t realise how new you were, I’m sure your 1% pension contributions start 3 months in. Yes the sick pay thing is a real scandal, they should never get away with this. I couldn’t tell you how many times I went over on my ankle in my first year, luckily with no damage done, knowing you’ll lose your pay gives you a right scare though.