Of course, citypostie hasn't taken into account the dead time waiting for the other postie, the dead time going to do large packets and prios (probably handed over to another driver on the Managers say so - see I can make assumptions as well). The 40 minutes break (if they both take them at the same time), the 15 minutes pouching off allowance. The odd few minutes waiting for a resident (rather than doorstepping), the minutes saved not scanning packets.citypostie wrote:If 2 people cant get a round done without claiming an hours overtime each, roughly 14 hours delivery after taking off indoor time worked between them so 7 hours on each delivery but a single person can do both in the hours provided (about 6 minus the hour ot?) Ill stick with my original thoughts and dont care what you say. Something is wrong unless the runner in question is some sort of super human postie. If i was moya id get rid of everyone (myself included) who cant get the job done that quickly. She could cut half the deliveries in the countryOzzvaldo wrote:You're wrong. What I wrote is exactly what happened. This bloke is a proper runner. He actually RUNS....not walking fast or jogging, but RUNS between delivery points. If you read my post again you will see that I mention that no other pairings in the office....any combinations of regulars, day off cover, leave reserves can achieve completion in time. The regulars are not working slowly as you insinuate, but properly. Again I invite you to read the list of potentially sackable working practices that he employs to get around at such speeds. I've actually done this delivery (the chances are that you haven't), and I can hardly believe that it was achieved myself, and I really don't think that you're in any position to make such sweeping accusations against an entire office.citypostie wrote:So you're saying 1 postie did the full 2 rounds in the time it normally takes 2 minus an hour's overtime each? If that's the case I don't care if he is a runner the 2 postie's must normally be working very very slowly. Using a lwt and not cutting some corners shouldn't add that amount of extra time on. 1 person faster than 2, really? I think the PDA stuff will be used to look at stuff like that before people finishing half and hour earlyOzzvaldo wrote:We've got a pair of posties on a huge P&L that go over up to an hour every day (and so does everyone else who goes on it), now getting challenged by management because a runner....and he does run between delivery points, recently did the whole walk before time on his own. This is a guy who doesn't scan Chinese packet barcodes, doorsteps stuff, climbs over walls, walks across lawns, doesn't take a break (a legal requirement, by the way), doesn't use a LWT, drives like an idiot, fastens his seatbelt across the driver's seat and into the passenger side locking device to stop the annoying beeping noise while he's driving unrestrained, drives in an agressive manner at excessive speeds while tailgating....the list goes on.
The management hold him up as a paragon to all of the rest of us useless s****s in the office, basically a stick to attempt to beat others into submission. In reality they simply turn a blind eye to his methods and will surely feign ignorance (although they don't really need to pretend) when trouble comes his way.
I really don't understand how anybody can defend this way of working.
I personally can see its possible, why, because I have seen it done on my singleton delivery. It takes me 3hrs 40 minutes - one runner is quite proud he can do it in 2 hours. Strangely the day after this person does my duty, I am delayed even further by people complaining about him, by answering complaints from Customer Services/Manager, and by delivering the letters that were "accidentally" miss sorted.
Are there stupid people that take the piss by doing the jobs too slapdash, yes, and there are posties that are too slow - Its a managers job to tackle both. But it doesn't take a genius to recognise that if the same time parameters with different control groups get the same result apart from 1, its usually the 1 that's discounted as a rogue element.