ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Manger's acting like children

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Manger's acting like children

Post by Yamr1 »

Jpro747 wrote:I think his point is don’t worry about other people. Just focus on yourself and do what you want to do and if you have too much cut off.

Do that bud

People like that are clueless how the job should be done

All about cutting corners to Finnish early sad really
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Manger's acting like children

Post by Judgee »

This from someone that wants to leave work in the office then bugger off home early because they think it's fair! :thumbup

Clown? Yes I would expect you to think that, because I don't agree with wasting my time worrying about what everybody else is doing and I couldn't care less if the guy next to me at work finished 2 hours earlier than me that is their business not mine. Do you spend all your free time at home looking out the window worrying that your neighbours all have better lives than you too?

Don't make out you are concerned with everyones H and S all you care about is you, because you think you are losing out somehow! :speak to the hand

You are looking forward to clocking in and out machines? Ok how is that going to help you go home early after you have left half your walk in the office? :crazy:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Manger's acting like children

Post by POSTMAN »

I think unless I'm mistaken that the crux of this thread is the runners get away with murder cause the work is done, but the non runners get it in the neck when they have to cut off.
Let's be honest we've all been on a duty that speedy Bob or Susan makes out is a piece of piss.

I have also never known a job where the finish time seems to be dictated by a few who think it's their god given right that because they have other things to do outside of work, that just happens to be in duty time, that they can make their own bollox rules up.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Manger's acting like children

Post by greengiant »

Yamr1 wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:I think his point is don’t worry about other people. Just focus on yourself and do what you want to do and if you have too much cut off.

Do that bud

People like that are clueless how the job should be done

All about cutting corners to Finnish early sad really

And if duties are finishing early, due to runners, then no doubt management will see that as scope to add work to the duties.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Manger's acting like children

Post by Judgee »

Yamr1 wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:I think his point is don’t worry about other people. Just focus on yourself and do what you want to do and if you have too much cut off.

Do that bud

People like that are clueless how the job should be done

All about cutting corners to Finnish early sad really
I have probably forgotten more about how the job should be done than you will ever know and did I say "I" cut corners? No

What is sad is how much of your life you waste worrying about other peoples business. I guess you don't have any real problems to keep you otherwise occupied! :roll:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Manger's acting like children

Post by POSTMAN »

@Judgee I think you need to re read the thread mate as your responses do not match what is going on in the thread!
Judgee wrote:
What is sad is how much of your life you waste worrying about other peoples business. I guess you don't have any real problems to keep you otherwise occupied! :roll:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Manger's acting like children

Post by Judgee »

POSTMAN wrote:I think unless I'm mistaken that the crux of this thread is the runners get away with murder cause the work is done, but the non runners get it in the neck when they have to cut off.
Let's be honest we've all been on a duty that speedy Bob or Susan makes out is a piece of piss.

I have also never known a job where the finish time seems to be dictated by a few who think it's their god given right that because they have other things to do outside of work, that just happens to be in duty time, that they can make their own bollox rules up.
Would you rather they pulled out the "family friendly card" and finished early anyway?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Manger's acting like children

Post by POSTMAN »

POSTMAN wrote:@Judgee I think you need to re read the thread mate as your responses do not match what is going on in the thread!
Judgee wrote:
What is sad is how much of your life you waste worrying about other peoples business. I guess you don't have any real problems to keep you otherwise occupied! :roll:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Manger's acting like children

Post by Judgee »

POSTMAN wrote:@Judgee I think you need to re read the thread mate as your responses do not match what is going on in the thread!
Judgee wrote:
What is sad is how much of your life you waste worrying about other peoples business. I guess you don't have any real problems to keep you otherwise occupied! :roll:
I think you'll find they refer to the original OPs first post correctly! :thumbup
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Manger's acting like children

Post by tommyrep »

Jpro747 wrote:I think his point is don’t worry about other people. Just focus on yourself and do what you want to do and if you have too much cut off.
As may be the case, but he seems to be of the opinion that anyone who has a go at the fast posties are shirkers!
I find that reference obscene, as many people suffer from unfair duty workloads as much as many people finish before their duty time by, going in early, etc! Many do focus on themselves, many others are left to exploitation by unscrupulous manager, comparing their performance to that of the early starters, runners, method abusers and meal relief time donators.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Manger's acting like children

Post by Judgee »

tommyrep wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:I think his point is don’t worry about other people. Just focus on yourself and do what you want to do and if you have too much cut off.
As may be the case, but he seems to be of the opinion that anyone who has a go at the fast posties are shirkers!
I find that reference obscene, as many people suffer from unfair duty workloads as much as many people finish before their duty time by, going in early, etc! Many do focus on themselves, many others are left to exploitation by unscrupulous manager, comparing their performance to that of the early starters, runners, method abusers and meal relief time donators.
NO just the OP who thinks it's wrong to be questioned if they leave mail in their frame then come back early! Jeez :arrrghhh
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Manger's acting like children

Post by POSTMAN »

Judgee wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:@Judgee I think you need to re read the thread mate as your responses do not match what is going on in the thread!
Judgee wrote:
What is sad is how much of your life you waste worrying about other peoples business. I guess you don't have any real problems to keep you otherwise occupied! :roll:
I think you'll find they refer to the original OPs first post correctly! :thumbup
I'm not going to make this a long drawn out issue but you haven't helped anything in this thread just digs at Yam, most of the stuff you posted was irrelevant.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Manger's acting like children

Post by Yamr1 »

Well said tommyrep
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Manger's acting like children

Post by BELIAL »

Jpro747 wrote:I think his point is don’t worry about other people. Just focus on yourself and do what you want to do and if you have too much cut off.

I know what his point is, and I don't give a s**t what anyone else is doing ,until, I'm conduct coded for not ignoring health and safety and security of mail like everyone else . Then subjected to three months intimidation and threats;then have a poxy appeal process that finds in your favour ,but on a single point;then have a B&H case conducted that fails to interview any witnesses or inspect any records but gives you a sop of partial vindication but no action taken. All I asked for was an apology. An employment tribunal judge will make corned beef out of these cowboys
Bye
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Manger's acting like children

Post by Yamr1 »

Thanks POSTMAN lol