ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Would you report a colleague for wilful delay?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Would you report a colleague for wilful delay?

Post by kookoo32 »

Would grass him/her up. The workload is bad enough without your colleagues stitching you up with extra.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Would you report a colleague for wilful delay?

Post by arnold cheshire »

kookoo32 wrote:Would grass him/her up. The workload is bad enough without your colleagues stitching you up with extra.
Just say this has been left from yesterday
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Would you report a colleague for wilful delay?

Post by kookoo32 »

arnold cheshire wrote:
kookoo32 wrote:Would grass him/her up. The workload is bad enough without your colleagues stitching you up with extra.
Just say this has been left from yesterday
Yes that's what I'd do. Then I'd do it again the following week if it the same happened again. If I thought one colleague was taking advantage of another in doing this then I would also say something. I'm fortunate that my manager is an approachable and decent guy (one of us until he went to the dark side) so maybe that's why I would be more inclined to say something.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Would you report a colleague for wilful delay?

Post by cpsteve »

Easy you tell the guy if he brings back work endorse it all with the stickers provided or it goes to the manager.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Would you report a colleague for wilful delay?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Tough one this, I don't think I'd ever actually go to management about anybody but this guy is clearly a cock. The type that makes the job worse for everybody by just being the I don't give a f**k type.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Would you report a colleague for wilful delay?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If he is a repeat offender (despite quiet words in his ear) and as it appears in this case, he is f***ing over a colleague with no reasonable excuse then yes I'd raise the issue with management. I probably wouldn't accuse him direct, I'd leave that to the manager.

People who do over colleagues for their own gain are no better than the members of the Sausage Chips And Beans club.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Would you report a colleague for wilful delay?

Post by LaggyBand »

Bloke at our place brings awkward drops back all the time. Not awkward in the sense that they’re unsafe, just awkward in the sense they take a little longer.

Been reported to different Linos multiple times. Nothing gets done cos he does overtime for them.