ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Poll!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

How did you vote?

Yes
527
48%
No
544
49%
Spoilt the ballot paper
28
3%
 
Total votes: 1099

worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by worktotime »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:
worktotime wrote:and it should also stop the people ( starting early , not taking breaks , not using the methods and running round ) who have been killing the job for years and allowing this company to take more and more out the offices and keep adding to the daily workload , I think its time to start doing the job right .
Bang on , data collection will stop the 6pm overtime boys going home at 2pm ( you'll be paid for clocking in / out )
to true mate . :thumbup
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

The Poll!

Post by doorstepped »

will vote NO.

I am currently away on A/L and I expect a 60 / 40 vote in favour of taking the queens shilling because money talks.

I just hope that when those people retire and have to shop in Poundland and wear a blanket to keep warm that they don't blame anyone else but themselves for their predicament.

if and big IF, I saw a decent pension that will give everyone a fair pension when they retire then I would have voted yes.

DON'T take the queens shilling and end up regretting it for the rest of your life, Vote NO and get RM / CWU back around the table to sort out our pensions.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by worktotime »

doorstepped wrote:will vote NO.

I am currently away on A/L and I expect a 60 / 40 vote in favour of taking the queens shilling because money talks.

I just hope that when those people retire and have to shop in Poundland and wear a blanket to keep warm that they don't blame anyone else but themselves for their predicament.

if and big IF, I saw a decent pension that will give everyone a fair pension when they retire then I would have voted yes.

DON'T take the queens shilling and end up regretting it for the rest of your life, Vote NO and get RM / CWU back around the table to sort out our pensions.
but what are other companys offering in pensions ? if there are better options in pensions cant people transfer to these ? I'm not clued up on this so I dont know . with this new scheme I think r/m will be putting 400m a year into the pension scheme . or am I wrong .
martybhoy39
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by martybhoy39 »

Andy51 wrote:Union asked us to back them I’ve voted yes
martybhoy39
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by martybhoy39 »

I am a dalek .. exterminate..
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

The Poll!

Post by frankieboy »

Andy51 wrote:Union asked us to back them I’ve voted yes
We asked the union to back us,they didn't voted NO.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Our Unit Rep came around today to ask about our vote. He had some nice impressive VOTE YES posters. I said I'd be voting NO, for many of the reasons we've discussed on RMC. My main concern was the Pension and at present the Legislation doesn't exist for RM & the CWU to get this New Pension up and running. "But all the Political Parties are behind this idea and it should be no problem". Fine let's have another vote on the Pension WHEN it's been legalised.

I'd like my pay rise backdated to last April .... Your stealing half my years pay rise. :thumbdown This year the pay rise might be OK ...... but I don't like the way they're committing to next year already when Inflations on the increase already. :thumbdown Whatever happened to yearly pay deals? Wasn't there enough scope to rip us off then? :hmmmm

The shorter working week is BS of the Highest Order. I'm regularly booking Pressure throughout the week now. Take an hour of my week and I'll just be booking that as Pressure as well. :crazy:

It will be a YES vote I believe as most of the Sheeple will just look at the back pay on offer and they'll vote YES. I remember sitting in the TV room the last time we had a Revision. All these idiots wanted to know was, "When do we get the money"? Not at all interested in the fact they were agreeing to a Shite Revision that was saddling the whole DO (with perhaps a few exceptions) with a Ridiculous Workload for the foreseeable future! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
dids620
Posts: 80
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 15:23
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by dids620 »

Pensions don't mean s**t when you are ready for the knackers yard at 60 so reduce workload. Dead or inability to get out of bed.I will send my home help out to get me my puzzler weekly. But hey. We got £400 back pay (which was what was ours anyway) back in 2018. Whoop Whoop.
labbloke
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 282
Joined: 03 Sep 2009, 05:11
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by labbloke »

Its a Yes for me, my choice , content with the offer
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

The Poll!

Post by seaside »

labbloke wrote:Its a Yes for me, my choice , content with the offer
If I was working in a mail centre, I would vote yes too. But I'm in deliveries, so have voted no.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by tommyrep »

How does/ can a person spoil a ballot paper ? Place an X in one box, one box only geez!
Wornoutpostie
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 Dec 2016, 17:36
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by Wornoutpostie »

No from me....

https://socialistworker.co.uk/art/46277 ... y+minister" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chrisheuze
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 19:59
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by chrisheuze »

dids620 wrote:Pensions don't mean s**t when you are ready for the knackers yard at 60 so reduce workload. Dead or inability to get out of bed.I will send my home help out to get me my puzzler weekly. But hey. We got £400 back pay (which was what was ours anyway) back in 2018. Whoop Whoop.

When do we recieve the back pay
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

The Poll!

Post by seaside »

chrisheuze wrote:
dids620 wrote:Pensions don't mean s**t when you are ready for the knackers yard at 60 so reduce workload. Dead or inability to get out of bed.I will send my home help out to get me my puzzler weekly. But hey. We got £400 back pay (which was what was ours anyway) back in 2018. Whoop Whoop.

When do we recieve the back pay
I would say if it is a yes vote, you would get your back pay in April . Enjoy it, :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by daveyeff »

Wornoutpostie wrote:No from me....

https://socialistworker.co.uk/art/46277 ... y+minister" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
in reply to above... http://www.cityam.com/282235/could-roya ... widely-mps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;