ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Not For Me
-
youdidntknock
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 18:27
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
I know people on here moan, but it's actually a great job. Don't carry pouches, use a lightweight trolley like you're meant to, and take your full break every day. Take a couple of energy bars out with you to keep your blood sugars up, and give it a month or so before you make any final decisions (that's my advice, anyway. Do what you like!)
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Not For Me
Some people think this job is easy (including managers if it why do the feel the calling) it is not easy it is hard not as hard as a hod carrier but they have machines for that now there is pluses and minuses in every job for some they made the wrong one and realised that early but the job has changed a lot in the last ten years or so even for me with 30 years in it is getting too much!
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
In what way is it killing you, you're not carrying bags right?
Using a trolley, no weight on the back?
Using a trolley, no weight on the back?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
I would give it a few more weeks before you decide to resign. I would still say the job is largely enjoyable even after the twenty years I have been doing it. RM, and to a slightly lesser extent the CWU, continue to make the job worse than it should or could be. But it is still better than a lot of 'ordinary' jobs I can think of or even jobs offered by our competitors.
I never encountered this aching bones thing that a lot of new starters go on about. No offence intended. I think people/younger people are a lot more sedentary nowadays and sadly don't seem to want to work. Same in the USA I believe as well hence the need for Mexicans to come over the border and then the USA moan about that. Crazy world we live in.
I never encountered this aching bones thing that a lot of new starters go on about. No offence intended. I think people/younger people are a lot more sedentary nowadays and sadly don't seem to want to work. Same in the USA I believe as well hence the need for Mexicans to come over the border and then the USA moan about that. Crazy world we live in.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
The first 20 years are the worst, after that its a doddle. 
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
NewPostieUK wrote:I'm very open minded, but that will take some explaining.gumbygirl77 wrote:
I am a father ..
Did you just assume OP's gender????
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
Yes, I know and the job was a lot better then.the.postman wrote:This is nothing new. I started 35 yrs ago... 20 intakes... 5 survived the first month30+YEARMAN wrote:I think this is going to be a big problem for Royal Mail we had 10 new starters at the end of last year and now there is only 1 left, I think it says something about how they treat people what they expect from them.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Not For Me
No, it tells you at the side.Justanotherstar wrote:NewPostieUK wrote:I'm very open minded, but that will take some explaining.gumbygirl77 wrote:
I am a father ..![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Did you just assume OP's gender????
-
Mikky
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 11 Aug 2012, 17:25
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
I so nearly quit when I first started, I was in agony! your body just gets used to it though... and then your fitness catches up!
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Not For Me
I've been with RM for about 6 months. I'm starting to look around at other jobs. The physical side of the work is not a problem, I keep fit but it's the management. I try and tell myself once you are out on delivery all is good and haven't got the boss breathing down your neck. But most days I need to cut off, due to poor man management, and it's always a hassle or they make it that way. Everyday the DOM puts pressure on me to work overtime. I just can't be doing with the constant battle.
I was really looking forward to this job when I first started, but I can honestly say it would have been so much more easier / enjoyable without sh*te management.
I was really looking forward to this job when I first started, but I can honestly say it would have been so much more easier / enjoyable without sh*te management.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
Don't quit we're on the cusp of something special
-
postmail3
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 28 Jan 2018, 19:33
- Gender: Female
Not For Me
I'm with you DRM I need to cut off but my boss keeps telling me "in your interview your said you were flexible..." thus making me feel bad and therfore I'm stuck doing 3 hrs OT.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
I am sorry that you have a constant battle to finish on time if you stay long enough it will get easier to cut off I personally do not have any problems if I need to cut off I do, if the manager moans about it just smile and say it’s not my problem. But if you cut off make sure you don’t get back early do not give them any ammunition
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
I hear you brother, pretty much where I am after this week...DRM wrote:I've been with RM for about 6 months. I'm starting to look around at other jobs. The physical side of the work is not a problem, I keep fit but it's the management. I try and tell myself once you are out on delivery all is good and haven't got the boss breathing down your neck. But most days I need to cut off, due to poor man management, and it's always a hassle or they make it that way. Everyday the DOM puts pressure on me to work overtime. I just can't be doing with the constant battle.
I was really looking forward to this job when I first started, but I can honestly say it would have been so much more easier / enjoyable without sh*te management.
EDIT: Sorry, I've just seen on the left that you're female, but I won't change the post. Saying I hear you sister would just sound odd I think.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.