very correct DGHDGH wrote:There is no way (at least it's vanishingly improbable) that in three years and over multiple deliveries he's never had a special or a foreign signed for parcel where the recipient was not in (he'd be unable to leave either of those items with a neighbour). I could just about believe it, those two sorts of parcels excepted, if he was a regular on one delivery that he's done for a while.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
Also has he never had a parcel that says. Do not deliver to neighbour.danterossetti wrote:Absolutely ludicrous. What about the letterboxes with don't deliver to neighbours sticker on?
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
I love the unique way we talk about our "valued" colleagues.I had to laugh as the twat had left a packet in the blue bin the week before and it went missing nearly loosing his job [lots of OT and sucks the boss off so was ok]
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
It's got to be an April fool.
Is he Phil McArdin, the P739 king?
Is he Phil McArdin, the P739 king?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
Wow, if only I had the time to try 18 neighbours to leave a parcel that is a dozen doors away. What if you get a dodgy neighbour that takes the parcel off you and then decides not to give it to the intended recipient claiming they didn't take a parcel at all? What are Royal Mail going to do - knock on their door asking what happened to that parcel or ask you what you done with it?
And what if the person that you left the card at number 1 to collect the item at number 18 then takes the parcel from number 18 but decides to drive up to callers claiming that they never received it at all??
Sometimes, its best to just do the job the way it was intended
And what if the person that you left the card at number 1 to collect the item at number 18 then takes the parcel from number 18 but decides to drive up to callers claiming that they never received it at all??
Sometimes, its best to just do the job the way it was intended
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Phil never fails to deliver a parcel
Exactly that !redheadedwoman wrote:That shite is keeping you, me and everybody else in the firm in a jobmattycash wrote:I knock once, count 123 I'm writing the card out, never ever tried a neighbour, my record is 3 full mail sacks, hopefully you piss off the customer that much having to keep turning up @ the office, they'll stop ordering shite off the internet? Wonder if they'll feature me in that publication?
I bet you never did callers office, did you mattycash? You should...
-
dodgyinlaws
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 28 Jan 2011, 21:19
- Gender: Male
Phil never fails to deliver a parcel
He doesloverman shabba wrote:This kind of postie is the tit managers love. working over for free probably. Probably goes in early for free too
-
Momo90210
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 19:41
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
Is Phil single by any chance? 
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
hahahaha I noted_e_bear wrote:I love the unique way we talk about our "valued" colleagues.I had to laugh as the twat had left a packet in the blue bin the week before and it went missing nearly loosing his job [lots of OT and sucks the boss off so was ok]![]()
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
we should get him on THE CHAT

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
I don't think there's been a day in the last 10 years where I've come back with nothing. Might give Phil a shout and ask how I plan my route delivering 20+ specials a day so I get rid of them. Just think of the savings Royal Mail make in Phil's office on P739 cards.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
None of this is true. This is just another made up story by RM to try and make everyone look bad and so we should all aspire to be like Phil...
-
elteleltel
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hertfordshire
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
JPro , my thoughts exactly ... update from Moya " be like Phil " must be signing for stuff and delivering it .
Just seen an article saying that a Postman signed for a recorded containing an autograph and the dog ate it .2 nd time at same house allegedly
Just seen an article saying that a Postman signed for a recorded containing an autograph and the dog ate it .2 nd time at same house allegedly
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
Absolute comedy gold 
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)
Yep, I've had a couple tell me in no uncertain terms to never knock their door again if it's not their stuff. I've also got several people on my duty who refuse to sign for their neighbours because they can't stand them and are very vocal about it at the door. Not much community spirit on a couple of my walks.k979aaa wrote:The only people who fail for the most part are customers if you order something be in or not in the back garden or have your headphones on or cannot be bothered to get out of bed this is why half the stuff goes back to the office. A lot of neighbours will often refuse as they feel they are being used had one guy threaten me for asking if he would take his next door neighbours parcel kind of put's you off asking anybody again!
And if Phil had some of the blocks of flats I deliver to he wouldn't be trying 18 neighbours. If he could manage to rouse any of them from their drugged stupor I'd defy him to get beyond three before getting tired of the insults or assaulted
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.