All he gives a s**t about is his bonus. I've got my rep on the case, but I'm considering legal action to be honest.blue1873 wrote:Caring sharing employer indeedLouBarlow wrote:As someone who was injured on delivery last week, due to no fault of my own, DO NOT go out in this weather unless the manager puts it in writing that you must. My manager is weaselling out of recording my incident as an accident on delivery. You have been warned.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
LouBarlow wrote:All he gives a s**t about is his bonus. I've got my rep on the case, but I'm considering legal action to be honest.blue1873 wrote:Caring sharing employer indeedLouBarlow wrote:As someone who was injured on delivery last week, due to no fault of my own, DO NOT go out in this weather unless the manager puts it in writing that you must. My manager is weaselling out of recording my incident as an accident on delivery. You have been warned.
He can't weasel out, it's your RIGHT to get it entered into the ERICA system (Accident Book) only you can decide not to enter it, and only you can decide if it was an accident or an incident. If going for compensation the Union will help, also if the injury was a fracture of anything other than toes and fingers and thumbs it needs to be treated differently. Namely under RIDDOR regulations.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
He clearly told me that he wouldn't allow me to enter it into ERICA as I didn't report the incident until I returned to the office. I had a brief stumble when out and about, that got progressively worse throughout the day, which is why I didn't phone it in at the time. It was directly related to the weather though. My understanding is you need to complete the report within 24 hours, which is what my H&S rep is saying too. I'm not interested in compensation, I just want it recorded as an AOD and not to go against my sick record.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:LouBarlow wrote:All he gives a s**t about is his bonus. I've got my rep on the case, but I'm considering legal action to be honest.blue1873 wrote:Caring sharing employer indeedLouBarlow wrote:As someone who was injured on delivery last week, due to no fault of my own, DO NOT go out in this weather unless the manager puts it in writing that you must. My manager is weaselling out of recording my incident as an accident on delivery. You have been warned.
He can't weasel out, it's your RIGHT to get it entered into the ERICA system (Accident Book) only you can decide not to enter it, and only you can decide if it was an accident or an incident. If going for compensation the Union will help, also if the injury was a fracture of anything other than toes and fingers and thumbs it needs to be treated differently. Namely under RIDDOR regulations.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 28&t=53069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Section 25 of the Social Security (Claims and Payments) Regulations 1979 (as amended).
In particular, subsection 3 which reads:
(3) Every owner or occupier (being an employer) of any mine or quarry or of any premises to which any of the provisions of the Factories Act 1961 applies and every employer by whom 10 or more persons are normally employed at the same time on or about the same premises in connection with a trade or business carried on by the employer shall, subject to the following provisions of this paragraph-
(a) keep readily accessible a means (whether in a book or books or by electronic means), in a form approved by the Secretary of State, by which a person employed by the employer or some other person acting on his behalf may record the appropriate particulars (as defined in regulation 24) of any accident causing personal injury to that person; and
(b) preserve every such record for the period of at least 3 years from the date of its entry.
In particular with regard to the above regulation:
1. The accident book or equivalent must be readily accessible.
2. It is a matter for the employee, not the employer or any one acting on behalf of the employer, whether an entry is made in the accident book or equivalent.
3. There is no restriction on the nature and type of accident and injury that can be entered into an accident book or equivalent. It is for the employee to determine whether or not they have sustained a personal injury and whether they have been involved in an accident.
4. There is no restriction on the time within which an accident has to have occurred in order for an employee to make a record in the accident book or equivalent.
Regulation 25(3)(b) implicitly recognises that an entry may be made in an accident book at some point after the accident occurred.
Section 25 of the Social Security (Claims and Payments) Regulations 1979 (as amended).
In particular, subsection 3 which reads:
(3) Every owner or occupier (being an employer) of any mine or quarry or of any premises to which any of the provisions of the Factories Act 1961 applies and every employer by whom 10 or more persons are normally employed at the same time on or about the same premises in connection with a trade or business carried on by the employer shall, subject to the following provisions of this paragraph-
(a) keep readily accessible a means (whether in a book or books or by electronic means), in a form approved by the Secretary of State, by which a person employed by the employer or some other person acting on his behalf may record the appropriate particulars (as defined in regulation 24) of any accident causing personal injury to that person; and
(b) preserve every such record for the period of at least 3 years from the date of its entry.
In particular with regard to the above regulation:
1. The accident book or equivalent must be readily accessible.
2. It is a matter for the employee, not the employer or any one acting on behalf of the employer, whether an entry is made in the accident book or equivalent.
3. There is no restriction on the nature and type of accident and injury that can be entered into an accident book or equivalent. It is for the employee to determine whether or not they have sustained a personal injury and whether they have been involved in an accident.
4. There is no restriction on the time within which an accident has to have occurred in order for an employee to make a record in the accident book or equivalent.
Regulation 25(3)(b) implicitly recognises that an entry may be made in an accident book at some point after the accident occurred.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 28&t=44703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
Funny in the office where I worked the accident book seemed to disappear,and if any accidents or dog bites were reported they were mostly brushed under the carpet,think just so the managers could get their bonus! Greed again!
I just hope no posties had any accidents in this awful cold weather,and by the way wouldnt it be good if they all got a thankyou note from RM for working in those conditions,but I doubt it very much.
I just hope no posties had any accidents in this awful cold weather,and by the way wouldnt it be good if they all got a thankyou note from RM for working in those conditions,but I doubt it very much.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
Thanks. :)TrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 28&t=44703
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
I had a incident were my back went in the office. All they care about that it didn't go down has a accident. They put it down has a on going problem because I was having a hernia operation a few weeks later. 
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
Sounds as though its rife this ignoring accidents,dog bites etc for the DOMs own gain.Disgusting! 
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
H&S rep emailed my manager and he buckled 2 hours later and filed the Erica report. Spineless.
The result I wanted either way
The result I wanted either way
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Told to deliver "at our own risk"
I remember slipping on some steps a few years ago. The next day I wanted it entered in the Sick Book. What a palaver!
When I saw the DIM the next day I said there was no one in the office to report it to when I finished (because the lazy bastard always knocked off once everyone'd gone out on Delivery) he initially said........... "Well you should have informed the DO Immediately" ..... When I replied that I had no mobile
he said....... "Well did you have to go to Casualty"?..... I said no I should be OK to work but would like it recorded in case it flared up...... "Well that doesn't need entering IF you're not injured"...... But I want to record it to prevent problems IF it does flares up.......... "But we've had an award for our H&S because this office hasn't had any accidents"........... Well you bloody well would have IF you've never bothered entering any accidents wouldn't you?
In the end I insisted on getting it entered. He wasn't a Happy Teddy.... it spoiled his spotless record. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)