http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1 ... ast__snow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/resources/images/7464435/?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen
WHILE the rest of the country is grinding to halt in the face of the Beast From The East, a North-East postman has been out delivering letters in his shorts on Wednesday.
Alistair Beadle, 48, has been turning heads while out on his round in Hurworth-on-Tees, near Darlington.
Father-of-two Alistair, who lives in Northallerton, said: "I don't know what all the fuss is about – it's just a lot more comfortable wearing shorts."
"It really isn't that cold. It might be different if there was a wind blowing, I might wear water-proof trousers then, but this is OK."
Don't forget Royal Mails Social Media Policy - keep any criticism polite and constructive
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hard as mails... Northallerton postie braves the 'Beast from the East' snow in Hurworth, Darlington
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Hard as mails... Northallerton postie braves the 'Beast from the East' snow in Hurworth, Darlington
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Hard as mails... Northallerton postie braves the 'Beast from the East' snow in Hurworth, Darlington
I don't believe him. the shorts wearers at ours are just seeing who chickens out first. they are going out with hats/scarves/snoods/gloves/storm proof coats........yet they are STILL wearing shorts!! barmy. 
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Hard as mails... Northallerton postie braves the 'Beast from the East' snow in Hurworth, Darlington
Delivery suspended from our Depot today in the NE (30 miles or so north of this photo). ATM there is 20 cm of accumulated snow (and growing) where I am in the Northern part of Co. Durham. No way would our friend from Darlo office be able to deliver at my location as the snow is above the line of his white socks where it matters - at the delivery point rather than on the road! Yesterday was doable just about - snow on the ground but no appreciable snow during the delivery period itself so I suspect this was from yesterday 
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Hard as mails... Northallerton postie braves the 'Beast from the East' snow in Hurworth, Darlington
full deliveries were suspended at ours today as well. (a Tyneside office) we just took out a street or two next to the office. no vans were allowed out. some clowns still went out with shorts though. expecting it to be the same tomorrow as well.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Hard as mails... Northallerton postie braves the 'Beast from the East' snow in Hurworth, Darlington
Ditto - I took stuff out within a minute of where I lived and the white stuff was over the top of my Doc Marten boots! The distance from LDO back home is 6+ miles - glad I was dropped off although I did walk about 1/2 mile to home area. Now snowing heavily again so I suspect Thursday will be the same - apart from our intrepid warrier from Darlodaveyeff wrote:full deliveries were suspended at ours today as well. (a Tyneside office) we just took out a street or two next to the office. no vans were allowed out. some clowns still went out with shorts though. expecting it to be the same tomorrow as well.
-
lilymccafferty
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 15:30
- Gender: Male
Hard as mails... Northallerton postie braves the 'Beast from the East' snow in Hurworth, Darlington
2 guys in our delivery office in Manchester for a few years wouldn't give in to be the first not wearing shorts both ended up medical retired with arthritis 1 lad on 2 sticks wrap up stay warm in the cold look after your health because this firm now does not give a toss about there workforce