Wait untill you get old, and then you will see if shorts were a good idea.eastie wrote:Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Some people feel the cold and some dont
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tips for keeping warm
-
paulsmd
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Blimey you must have to strip off before you go out on delivery,to put all your underlayers on then get dressed again. Surely you can't prep up for 2hrs in all that kit, unless your office is freezing!peshwaarinaan wrote:Easy peasy, layers! If your core is warm your hands keep warm! I wear merino wool leggings under my trousers and wear waterproof socks if it's raining. I'll put two layers under my RM polo shirt and wear a down coat under my anorak. Always nice and warm. May appear a bit extreme but I hate being cold!!!!
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Not many football matches go on for 5hrs+ either.eastie wrote:Never seen a footballer wearing trousers eitherGeneral Mannerheim wrote:Funny that, i've never seen a Chris Bonington or Ranulph Fiennes up K2 or the Artic in shorts.Maybe if Green boots on Everest had followed your logic he might have survived instead of being a marker post.eastie wrote:Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Some people feel the cold and some dont
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Works for me, I am the local flasher !Edward Hunter wrote:And look like the local flasherCreditshampoo wrote: Pull shorts up so your jacket covers them.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Tips for keeping warm
Hope you dont flash this week it will drop off with frostbite!!!ted_e_bear wrote:Works for me, I am the local flasher !Edward Hunter wrote:And look like the local flasherCreditshampoo wrote: Pull shorts up so your jacket covers them.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Tips for keeping warm
Or look the size of a maggot.Brandy wrote:Hope you dont flash this week it will drop off with frostbite!!!ted_e_bear wrote:Works for me, I am the local flasher !Edward Hunter wrote:And look like the local flasherCreditshampoo wrote: Pull shorts up so your jacket covers them.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Tips for keeping warm
This is what I miss most about being a postie,the banter!!
I certainly dont miss the managers or the impossible workloads.