ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tips for keeping warm

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Tips for keeping warm

Post by k979aaa »

GRS wrote:I really don’t get this shorts thing in winter. Blokes go out layered up and with scarves,hats and gloves and yet say they wear shorts because it’s too warm walking around. I also get bloody fed up with people on the street stopping and asking me why other postmen feel the need to wear shorts in such cold weather.
I just say they have sweaty ball syndrome the conversation usually ends there as I don't ware shorts but never suffer as said shorts posties would some of the ladies enlighten us why they ware shorts too!
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Tips for keeping warm

Post by General Mannerheim »

eastie wrote:
spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.
Some people feel the cold and some dont
Funny that, i've never seen a Chris Bonington or Ranulph Fiennes up K2 or the Artic in shorts.Maybe if Green boots on Everest had followed your logic he might have survived instead of being a marker post.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by Creditshampoo »

Shorts because legs dry. Trousers don’t. Pull shorts up so your jacket covers them. Tried wearing waterproof trousers but shoes get water logged pretty quickly and they’re too hot to wear
elteleltel
Posts: 120
Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
Gender: Male
Location: Hertfordshire

Tips for keeping warm

Post by elteleltel »

Shorts , Shades and a Buff around the neck . Obviously a hat and 3 layers under the Stormproof jacket
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Tips for keeping warm

Post by maisymoo04 »

spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
:thumbup
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by rubberbond »

GRS wrote:I really don’t get this shorts thing in winter. Blokes go out layered up and with scarves,hats and gloves and yet say they wear shorts because it’s too warm walking around. I also get bloody fed up with people on the street stopping and asking me why other postmen feel the need to wear shorts in such cold weather.
A lot of it is just showing off,best ignored really. I know what you mean about people asking why you're not wearing shorts, I just say that I wear shorts on holiday in the south of France,where it's warm and where I should be ,instead of standing on your doorstep waiting in the cold because you can't find your door key.
Tomolo208
Posts: 102
Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by Tomolo208 »

k979aaa wrote:
GRS wrote:I really don’t get this shorts thing in winter. Blokes go out layered up and with scarves,hats and gloves and yet say they wear shorts because it’s too warm walking around. I also get bloody fed up with people on the street stopping and asking me why other postmen feel the need to wear shorts in such cold weather.
I just say they have sweaty ball syndrome the conversation usually ends there as I don't ware shorts but never suffer as said shorts posties would some of the ladies enlighten us why they ware shorts too!
Ha! I get asked this regularly... best answer ever!
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by eastie »

General Mannerheim wrote:
eastie wrote:
spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.
Some people feel the cold and some dont
Funny that, i've never seen a Chris Bonington or Ranulph Fiennes up K2 or the Artic in shorts.Maybe if Green boots on Everest had followed your logic he might have survived instead of being a marker post.
Never seen a footballer wearing trousers either
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Tips for keeping warm

Post by Lounge Lizard »

A large tot of whisky. :nana
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by aiden01 »

eastie wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
eastie wrote:
spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.
Some people feel the cold and some dont
Funny that, i've never seen a Chris Bonington or Ranulph Fiennes up K2 or the Artic in shorts.Maybe if Green boots on Everest had followed your logic he might have survived instead of being a marker post.
Never seen a footballer wearing trousers either
seen plenty of footballers wearing tights tho :chuckle
Edward Hunter
Posts: 680
Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30

Tips for keeping warm

Post by Edward Hunter »

Creditshampoo wrote: Pull shorts up so your jacket covers them.
And look like the local flasher :Very Happy
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Tips for keeping warm

Post by GRS »

What have footballers got to do with it? Are you saying that grown middle aged men still want to be like footballers as they did when they were 10?
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by eastie »

GRS wrote:What have footballers got to do with it? Are you saying that grown middle aged men still want to be like footballers as they did when they were 10?
physical exercise keeps you warm but I suppose some feel the cold more than others.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by Kings Norton »

Sit in the van let the walker do the work heater on full blast!
orlando
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 14:03
Gender: Male

Tips for keeping warm

Post by orlando »

Thermal shorts :nana :nana