ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trowbridge postman delivers his last letter after 30 years of service

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Trowbridge postman delivers his last letter after 30 years of service

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/16 ... f_service/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image
Postman Garry Wilcock surrounded by his work colleagues on his last day at Trowbridge Post Office.

A SURPRISE party was thrown for a Trowbridge postman to thank him for his 30 years of service.

Garry Wilcock, Marston Road, was about to start his final shift on Friday when his colleagues put on a surprise gathering with snacks and drinks at the post office in Roundstone Street.

The 60-year-old signed up to be a postman in June 1987, after 12 years in the Royal Navy, but he said the time was right to retire after three enjoyable decades of working there.

“It was a lovely send off. I did not expect it at all. I will miss my friends who work there but we are meeting again this weekend for a final farewell,” said Mr Wilcock, who delivered post to West Ashton, Holt and North Bradley.

“When I joined I never thought I would stay this long but I have really enjoyed my time here but after 30 years, it is time to move on.

“I am looking forward to some travelling and spending more time with my grandchildren. My wife is retiring this year too so it is falling into place nicely.”

Office manager Mark Perrett said: “I have known him for 25 years and it was a pleasure working with him. He was a popular figure and we wish him the best in the future.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Trowbridge postman delivers his last letter after 30 years of service

Post by k979aaa »

Only 30 years? did all the others die before then? 30 years in 10 years time would be an achievement because no one will be able to deliver to 5000 drop points in 7 hours!
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Trowbridge postman delivers his last letter after 30 years of service

Post by Bahia Feliz »

k979aaa wrote:Only 30 years? did all the others die before then?
Confused! Did what others die before then?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Trowbridge postman delivers his last letter after 30 years of service

Post by k979aaa »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Only 30 years? did all the others die before then?
Confused! Did what others die before then?
30 years is nothing plenty in our office.