ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

30 YEARS

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

30 YEARS

Post by General Mannerheim »

You get more lapsing and a frontal lobotomy and some rubber wallpaper.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

30 YEARS

Post by Navalron »

Pmacca3 nice one, lol :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

30 YEARS

Post by k979aaa »

You get a pension which is composed of four schemes each of which will be less than when you started! You get to work four times harder and finish later and no Saturday Premium, overtime at time and a nat's ass over standard rate if you are full time, Never getting time off when you want it and belligerent management!
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

30 YEARS

Post by Brandy »

lala wrote:Do we get anything for 10 years?
Used to get a framed certificate and a pin badge! Must admit the frame wasnt bad so you could use if for a photo.Dont know what you would get now,a smile off the DOM? But that would only be if they had wind! :chuckle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

30 YEARS

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Smile from the DOM, you do know the warning about getting a smile from a member of the Viperidae family :shhhhh :whistle :whistle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
cantonkid1955
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 163
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

30 YEARS

Post by cantonkid1955 »

lala wrote:Do we get anything for 10 years?
yes...another 10 years for bad behaviour..suck it up son,,
tone123
Posts: 44
Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 12:09
Gender: Male

30 YEARS

Post by tone123 »

lala wrote:Do we get anything for 10 years?
Bunions? :dance
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

30 YEARS

Post by bmccoll »

Mr Rush wrote:
DiamondSmiles wrote:
lala wrote:Do we get anything for 10 years?
Used to be a lump of plastic. Not sure if you even get that nowadays.
Nope. I was looking forward to that. Instead I got an RM lapel pin that's so small I'm afraid to wear it in case I lose it.
The lapel badge I got at 20 years was SMALLER than a 15 year one a colleague received a few weeks earlier! This was of course many years ago. Whether pins are still issued is beyond me!
thedonkey
Posts: 141
Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
Gender: Male

30 YEARS

Post by thedonkey »

k979aaa wrote:You get a pension which is composed of four schemes each of which will be less than when you started! You get to work four times harder and finish later and no Saturday Premium, overtime at time and a nat's ass over standard rate if you are full time, Never getting time off when you want it and belligerent management!
So true. :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

30 YEARS

Post by Celgar »

lala wrote:Do we get anything for 10 years?
I got a pin badge and a certificate for the 10 years. That was in 2007. I just got a pin badge recently for the 20 years so I guess they don't do the certificates now.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

30 YEARS

Post by Brandy »

Celgar wrote:
lala wrote:Do we get anything for 10 years?
I got a pin badge and a certificate for the 10 years. That was in 2007. I just got a pin badge recently for the 20 years so I guess they don't do the certificates now.
You are lucky you got a pin badge,they will be cutting back on them,soon all you will get is a pin!! Mind you you could put it on the DOMS chair and watch his face when he sits on it!!! :chuckle
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

30 YEARS

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

You now qualify for a new hip !