https://theisleofthanetnews.com/birchin ... -by-a-car/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birchington postman Vince Marsh is finally home from weeks of treatment at King’s College Hospital in London after he was hit by a car last month (January).
The 59 year old was struck while on his rounds in College Road on January 6.
He was airlifted to King’s College Hospital with injuries including four fractured ribs, a broken leg and a shattered knee cap . Vince also had pins down his leg, a fractured eye socket, deep cut to his head and scrapes and bruises.
After undergoing an operation on his leg, physio treatment and being fitted with a leg brace, staff at King’s College decided Vince was making good progress and was ready to leave. He arrived home yesterday (February 15), almost six weeks after he was struck by the vehicle.
He faces physiotherapy to enable him to bend his knee again and is currently on crutches.
Vince said: “I didn’t expect to be home this early, I thought I would be at King’s for another month but the surgeons and nurses have been marvellous and the physio got me up and about again.
“I am over the moon to be home and to have made this much progress from my injuries as I had broken ribs and the leg and head injuries.
“I’m now on crutches, I did have a Zimmerframe, and I am a bit unsteady but I’m getting there.”
Vince will likely take until the Autumn to be recovered enough to return to work.
He added: “I’m not going to rush around as I do not want to undo all the work by the surgeons.”
Following the incident a fundraiser page was set up by well-wishers as a way to say thank you to the Kent air ambulance paramedics who attended to Vince.
The page has bust through its £500 target and now stands at £1,200.
Vince said: “It really is marvellous.”
A 43-year-old woman from Margate arrested on suspicion of drink-driving in connection with the incident on Saturday, January 6 was released the following day pending further enquiries.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Birchington postman Vince Marsh home from hospital six weeks after being struck by a car
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Birchington postman Vince Marsh home from hospital six weeks after being struck by a car
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.