ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Work place coaches

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Work place coaches

Post by clashcityrocker »

Numberone63 wrote:I am not a work place coach. However this week a new starter has been with me since Monday. The managers told me that they gave him to me because the WPC is too slow so I should show him the real pace of doing a delivery. I don’t really mind because I enjoy showing new starters the job but the WPC’s are getting the money for it.
If you are doing the training you should get an allowance for doing it.

In which agreement is "the real pace of doing a delivery?"
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Work place coaches

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image or Image

You decide :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Work place coaches

Post by Destiny »

Numberone63 wrote:I am not a work place coach. However this week a new starter has been with me since Monday. The managers told me that they gave him to me because the WPC is too slow so I should show him the real pace of doing a delivery. I don’t really mind because I enjoy showing new starters the job but the WPC’s are getting the money for it.
If it was not for that comment I would tell you how much your non school allowance :no no
Or maybe you told your Dom where to go or maybe I've read it wrong and you are within agreed standards ?
fosal29
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 48
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 20:28
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by fosal29 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Numberone63 wrote:I am not a work place coach. However this week a new starter has been with me since Monday. The managers told me that they gave him to me because the WPC is too slow so I should show him the real pace of doing a delivery. I don’t really mind because I enjoy showing new starters the job but the WPC’s are getting the money for it.
If you are doing the training you should get an allowance for doing it.

In which agreement is "the real pace of doing a delivery?"
I have just had a new starter with me for 3 days. I mentioned to my DOM about the non school training allowance and was told "never heard of it" i told him i think you put it through on the P2P and showed him the relevant piece of the agreement but he says there is nothing on P2P about it. Does anybody know how i get this allowance?
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Work place coaches

Post by Navalron »

Tell him that you will need to ask FURTHER up the line as your not sure why the person being paid isn't doing the job that RM pays them for and neither is your manager. I'm sure he will suddenly find out that your due extra. Tozzers.
fosal29
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 48
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 20:28
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by fosal29 »

fosal29 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Numberone63 wrote:I am not a work place coach. However this week a new starter has been with me since Monday. The managers told me that they gave him to me because the WPC is too slow so I should show him the real pace of doing a delivery. I don’t really mind because I enjoy showing new starters the job but the WPC’s are getting the money for it.
If you are doing the training you should get an allowance for doing it.

In which agreement is "the real pace of doing a delivery?"
I have just had a new starter with me for 3 days. I mentioned to my DOM about the non school training allowance and was told "never heard of it" i told him i think you put it through on the P2P and showed him the relevant piece of the agreement but he says there is nothing on P2P about it. Does anybody know how i get this allowance?
Also It was this lads first day on his own today.(a very busy Wednesday and to make matters worse the mail was late to our office) after i had finished my round i went and found him to see how he was doing. Its a rural delivery and at 3.35 he had completed less than half! Felt really sorry for him. It it common practice to teach a new starter a rural as their first duty? he's training to be a day off cover.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by crimson king »

Fair play for going to find him mate, I bet the poor sod was getting a bit distraught by then and would have been very pleased to see someone.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
fosal29
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 48
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 20:28
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by fosal29 »

crimson king wrote:Fair play for going to find him mate, I bet the poor sod was getting a bit distraught by then and would have been very pleased to see someone.
Yep he was totally exhausted. He hadn't had a break, no food or drink for 9 hours! I phoned the DOM (who was on a day off today) and got him to phone him. Apparently he carried on till 5 and bought back nearly half. Surely for a new starter it would be better to learn a 4 hour town round rather than a 6 hour rural!
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by crimson king »

fosal29 wrote:
crimson king wrote:Fair play for going to find him mate, I bet the poor sod was getting a bit distraught by then and would have been very pleased to see someone.
Yep he was totally exhausted. He hadn't had a break, no food or drink for 9 hours! I phoned the DOM (who was on a day off today) and got him to phone him. Apparently he carried on till 5 and bought back nearly half. Surely for a new starter it would be better to learn a 4 hour town round rather than a 6 hour rural!
It's a really shoddy thing to do to someone for sure and, like you say, first day out on your own it'd be better to break your cherry with a lighter duty.

I bet DOMs like this wonder why they have a high turn over of new staff. :arrrghhh
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
17bex
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Mar 2018, 17:06
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by 17bex »

So.. is the non school training allowance still active for training or coaching new starters . And how my h is it... how do I go about applying for it? Etc
nuns
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by nuns »

is there any part timers who are work place coaches??