afaik every other delivery/courier company always work from vanscpsteve wrote:No luck involved the van comes with the job, no van = HTC mail locked inside and padlocked to a lamppost. I wonder if other delivery firms refuse to go upstairs.Dexydog wrote:Lucky you having a van to park outside.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivering to flats
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Delivering to flats
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Delivering to flats
You mean like most of us do. You can bet other delivery firms will be happy to take the work from us.SpacePhoenix wrote:afaik every other delivery/courier company always work from vanscpsteve wrote:No luck involved the van comes with the job, no van = HTC mail locked inside and padlocked to a lamppost. I wonder if other delivery firms refuse to go upstairs.Dexydog wrote:Lucky you having a van to park outside.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Delivering to flats
Valid points for both sides but i must admit i tend to agree with just getting on with it and delivering the parcel.I was having a bad day and was soaking wet and i refused to go up to the top flat and carded the customer,manager backed me in the end but customer complained saying she was elderly and the parcel was important etc,i ended up taking it up to her anyway the following day and i felt like an idiot tbh.
-
antcpfc
- Posts: 629
- Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25
Delivering to flats
Been having this problem ,came to a head today. The four blocks of flats are in a private road regularly patrolled and ticketed. The previous driver got a parking ticket and had to pay it himself. The flats have boxes at the bottom and no individual letter boxes and there is a intercom system to get doors opened. I had three large boxes for the top floor and after much arguing the owner came down and said I should park in a different road and walk them in.
I asked why I would do that when he couldn't be bothered to get the lift down five floors. There is a private car park operated by a fob and I asked if he could get the residents association to supply me with one but he said no. A passing resident heard and said she would take this idea up. The manager knows and has told me to give the postman a 739 in future.
I asked why I would do that when he couldn't be bothered to get the lift down five floors. There is a private car park operated by a fob and I asked if he could get the residents association to supply me with one but he said no. A passing resident heard and said she would take this idea up. The manager knows and has told me to give the postman a 739 in future.
Slider tool. Lol.