ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2ds

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Islander
Posts: 36
Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
Gender: Male

D2ds

Post by Islander »

borgpicard wrote:Carry them around deliver them and watch the people bin them straight away, they are a fu cking waste of time now.

Every single day I get this people moaning at me for delivering these things, I have been shouted and swared at for delivering the, "how much is your house worth to social housing".I'm doing four d2ds this week three of them letters again I will be moaned at for delivering them.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

D2ds

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I have 2 D2D this week. One set I haven't got and the other I have only 1 bundle out of 3, which will run out today. Spoke to the manager about it and nobody has a clue where they are :left:
scoobymunster
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
Gender: Male

D2ds

Post by scoobymunster »

CPTNemoUK wrote:I have 2 D2D this week. One set I haven't got and the other I have only 1 bundle out of 3, which will run out today. Spoke to the manager about it and nobody has a clue where they are :left:
When that happens me they usually turn up by thursday, miraculously found under someone elses frame. An interesting conversation usually follows with a manager about whether or not they'll be fully delivered. :cuppa
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

D2ds

Post by Celgar »

postieaw11 wrote:The duty I'm covering next week hasn't had the d2ds done this week due to the duty holder going sick. Do i have to take them?

Many thanks
They would have to be done this week as that is the contract. So you won't have to take them & the contract has been broken. If the duty holder was sick all that week then surely other posties would have been put on that walk? A walk cannot usually be left undelivered for more than one day. So I guess those cover posties will get a ticking off. Ultimately it's the DOMs responsibility though to keep an eye out that work isn't being left undone.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

D2ds

Post by Celgar »

Islander wrote:
borgpicard wrote:Carry them around deliver them and watch the people bin them straight away, they are a fu cking waste of time now.

Every single day I get this people moaning at me for delivering these things, I have been shouted and swared at for delivering the, "how much is your house worth to social housing".I'm doing four d2ds this week three of them letters again I will be moaned at for delivering them.
If any of your customers are getting really stressed out about the unaddressed leaflets I would say to them to Google 'Royal Mail D2D Opt out' . Or if they don't have internet access to pop down to the sorting office and ask for a paper form to fill in. It is not your job to be sworn at by anyone.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

D2ds

Post by tonytucker »

No chuck them in the admin office or under frame and dont mention it,way it goes in our office
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

D2ds

Post by k979aaa »

NewPostieUK wrote:
DiamondSmiles wrote:Wilful delay on the part of the posties who were covering the duty is it not?
Depends on who was meant to prep them. If a part timer turns up at 9:30 and packs his bags and leaves, it's hardly wilful delay on his part.

The person who prepped the duty should have prepped them. unless told otherwise.
That could be 3 individuals a day six time's a week all different individuals!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

D2ds

Post by CPTNemoUK »

scoobymunster wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:I have 2 D2D this week. One set I haven't got and the other I have only 1 bundle out of 3, which will run out today. Spoke to the manager about it and nobody has a clue where they are :left:
When that happens me they usually turn up by thursday, miraculously found under someone elses frame. An interesting conversation usually follows with a manager about whether or not they'll be fully delivered. :cuppa
Don't worry I'm waiting for that. The thing is I got back early yesterday so I used my remaining working hours looking for them. They are definitely not in the office, so it will be interesting to hear where they say they were. :cuppa
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

D2ds

Post by k979aaa »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
scoobymunster wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:I have 2 D2D this week. One set I haven't got and the other I have only 1 bundle out of 3, which will run out today. Spoke to the manager about it and nobody has a clue where they are :left:
When that happens me they usually turn up by thursday, miraculously found under someone elses frame. An interesting conversation usually follows with a manager about whether or not they'll be fully delivered. :cuppa
Don't worry I'm waiting for that. The thing is I got back early yesterday so I used my remaining working hours looking for them. They are definitely not in the office, so it will be interesting to hear where they say they were. :cuppa
Probably in a mixed box of d2d under some blind bastards frame but I kid you not will find them on Saturday just as you leave the office and then twice as much as your drop point's!
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

D2ds

Post by Brandy »

postieaw11 wrote:The duty I'm covering next week hasn't had the d2ds done this week due to the duty holder going sick. Do i have to take them?

Many thanks
Why didnt the manager make sure they were taken this week? Bad management yet again,so unfair that it will probably fall onto someone else who has no fault in it whatsoever. :d'oh!