Totally agree,and I think it all depends on the manager whether they are greedy,pushing the posties well over their limits just so they can sit there rubbing their hands together thinking of their bonus!awesomepenguin wrote:I don't have a problem working the hours I am paid. My problem is being expected to work over my time simply because of unrealistic workloads and the daily battle with managers when you tell them you are going to finish on your scheduled finish time.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can,t Get My Head Around This Job
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Can,t Get My Head Around This Job
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Can,t Get My Head Around This Job
Guessing you don't actually know anyone who works in the NHS then!k979aaa wrote:NHS TNT UPS DPD HMP Sainsburys tesco asda even aldi better places to work in without backstabbing work colleges or piss poor management!grandypants wrote:I,ve been with RM 17 years now, i,m 62 years old and the biggest problem I have with the job is the people I work with, now I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean it too but have none of these people worked anywhere else,no one I know has or is getting a pay rise let alone a reduction of hours,people moan they have to work to such a time, if you are in a factory you work until your finish time end of story,I remember finishing two to three hours before your time and that was after doing one over three on a second delivery,I worked as A shot blaster in a former life and if a machine was booked on a ship it had to be there so I had to stay and finish the job no matter what,I couldn't go I can,t work past my time, there where plenty who would take my place,at the end of the day we on delivery are unskilled and on really good money for what we do,now I am expecting some stick over this but be honest with yourselves where as an unskilled person would you find a better paid job with the pension,sick pay and leave anywhere else.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Can,t Get My Head Around This Job
I'm fairly sure all those places aren't that great to work in at the moment. Staff at hospitals & prisons are leaving in droves. DPD according to today's news is treating some of their employees really badly. If you ask checkout staff at any supermarket you will find their are constantly being filmed, watched, and harassed. Of course that doesn't mean we want RM to try and jump into the gutter as well.rambo1 wrote:Guessing you don't actually know anyone who works in the NHS then!k979aaa wrote:NHS TNT UPS DPD HMP Sainsburys tesco asda even aldi better places to work in without backstabbing work colleges or piss poor management!grandypants wrote:I,ve been with RM 17 years now, i,m 62 years old and the biggest problem I have with the job is the people I work with, now I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean it too but have none of these people worked anywhere else,no one I know has or is getting a pay rise let alone a reduction of hours,people moan they have to work to such a time, if you are in a factory you work until your finish time end of story,I remember finishing two to three hours before your time and that was after doing one over three on a second delivery,I worked as A shot blaster in a former life and if a machine was booked on a ship it had to be there so I had to stay and finish the job no matter what,I couldn't go I can,t work past my time, there where plenty who would take my place,at the end of the day we on delivery are unskilled and on really good money for what we do,now I am expecting some stick over this but be honest with yourselves where as an unskilled person would you find a better paid job with the pension,sick pay and leave anywhere else.
On the subject of finishing early for as long as I can remember I haven't finished early. If I'm really lucky occasionally I will finish within my paid hours. For the most part there isn't time to take the breaks and I run over time at both ends. Seemingly there isn't a way to correct this situation and I'm not the only postie in this position in my office or probably elsewhere within RM. If you read the new pay deal proposal/agreement there is nothing in there about Postie's doing work unpaid in RM. The CWU & RM have their blinkers firmly on.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Can,t Get My Head Around This Job
That's because you don't have to!
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Can,t Get My Head Around This Job
Identifying and redressing unpaid work is in the agreementCelgar wrote: I'm fairly sure all those places aren't that great to work in at the moment. Staff at hospitals & prisons are leaving in droves. DPD according to today's news is treating some of their employees really badly. If you ask checkout staff at any supermarket you will find their are constantly being filmed, watched, and harassed. Of course that doesn't mean we want RM to try and jump into the gutter as well.
On the subject of finishing early for as long as I can remember I haven't finished early. If I'm really lucky occasionally I will finish within my paid hours. For the most part there isn't time to take the breaks and I run over time at both ends. Seemingly there isn't a way to correct this situation and I'm not the only postie in this position in my office or probably elsewhere within RM. If you read the new pay deal proposal/agreement there is nothing in there about Postie's doing work unpaid in RM. The CWU & RM have their blinkers firmly on.
on page 3019.3 Delivery
19.3.1 New Delivery Agreement......
At all times both parties must ensure that the key principle is that we jointly
guarantee that all individuals perform the delivery role working safely. As a result the
technologies above and the increase of data and visibility across the working day this will
provide, both parties have agreed to explore how this will be applied on the basis that
all paid for hours are worked, the Job has been done properly, with the correct use of
equipment, the taking of Meal Reliefs whilst also ensuring
that no unpaid for hours i.e. early starters has taken place.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Can,t Get My Head Around This Job
Hmmm . I see where you're coming from. I had read that in fact I read the whole proposal.mr hil. wrote:Identifying and redressing unpaid work is in the agreementCelgar wrote: I'm fairly sure all those places aren't that great to work in at the moment. Staff at hospitals & prisons are leaving in droves. DPD according to today's news is treating some of their employees really badly. If you ask checkout staff at any supermarket you will find their are constantly being filmed, watched, and harassed. Of course that doesn't mean we want RM to try and jump into the gutter as well.
On the subject of finishing early for as long as I can remember I haven't finished early. If I'm really lucky occasionally I will finish within my paid hours. For the most part there isn't time to take the breaks and I run over time at both ends. Seemingly there isn't a way to correct this situation and I'm not the only postie in this position in my office or probably elsewhere within RM. If you read the new pay deal proposal/agreement there is nothing in there about Postie's doing work unpaid in RM. The CWU & RM have their blinkers firmly on.on page 3019.3 Delivery
19.3.1 New Delivery Agreement......
At all times both parties must ensure that the key principle is that we jointly
guarantee that all individuals perform the delivery role working safely. As a result the
technologies above and the increase of data and visibility across the working day this will
provide, both parties have agreed to explore how this will be applied on the basis that
all paid for hours are worked, the Job has been done properly, with the correct use of
equipment, the taking of Meal Reliefs whilst also ensuring
that no unpaid for hours i.e. early starters has taken place.
".....explore how this will be applied..…."
"......all paid for hours are worked......"
"......job has been done properly......"
"....….no......early starters....."
If they wanted to pay us for ALL the work we do they could have been honest years ago and already be doing it. I get the feeling the above words are more about intensive monitoring to make absolutely sure that we do everything precisely as the rules state. I will be shocked if their conscience has been triggered.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.