ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU exec urges Yes vote over Royal Mail deal

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
dazer0070
Posts: 120
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by dazer0070 »

'From 2019, the State Pension age will increase for both men and women to reach 66 by October 2020. The Government is planning further increases, which will raise the State Pension age from 66 to 67 between 2026 and 2028'

Why should we be any different?
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by rubberbond »

dazer0070 wrote:'From 2019, the State Pension age will increase for both men and women to reach 66 by October 2020. The Government is planning further increases, which will raise the State Pension age from 66 to 67 between 2026 and 2028'

Why should we be any different?
Because it's a hard physically demanding job and when I retire I want to enjoy time with my wife and not spend it unable to do anything because I'm physically wrecked ,due to unmanageable workloads and having to take bucket loads of painkillers. . There is no,or virtually no way of winding down in this job as you get older, it's not like it used to be with the seniority rule, where you went on to a less brutal rural delivery as you approached retirement, now delivery methods has made it much worse. That's why.
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by Chitchat »

rubberbond wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:'From 2019, the State Pension age will increase for both men and women to reach 66 by October 2020. The Government is planning further increases, which will raise the State Pension age from 66 to 67 between 2026 and 2028'

Why should we be any different?
Because it's a hard physically demanding job and when I retire I want to enjoy time with my wife and not spend it unable to do anything because I'm physically wrecked ,due to unmanageable workloads and having to take bucket loads of painkillers. . There is no,or virtually no way of winding down in this job as you get older, it's not like it used to be with the seniority rule, where you went on to a less brutal rural delivery as you approached retirement, now delivery methods has made it much worse. That's why.
I agree, in a very phyiscal job the employer should understand its staff cant keep working into their late sixties, its just not viable. And a genuine solution should of been found where by people can retire at a younger age.
dazer0070
Posts: 120
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by dazer0070 »

Chitchat wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:'From 2019, the State Pension age will increase for both men and women to reach 66 by October 2020. The Government is planning further increases, which will raise the State Pension age from 66 to 67 between 2026 and 2028'

Why should we be any different?
Because it's a hard physically demanding job and when I retire I want to enjoy time with my wife and not spend it unable to do anything because I'm physically wrecked ,due to unmanageable workloads and having to take bucket loads of painkillers. . There is no,or virtually no way of winding down in this job as you get older, it's not like it used to be with the seniority rule, where you went on to a less brutal rural delivery as you approached retirement, now delivery methods has made it much worse. That's why.
I agree, in a very phyiscal job the employer should understand its staff cant keep working into their late sixties, its just not viable. And a genuine solution should of been found where by people can retire at a younger age.


If you're struggling to the extent you say, why on earth are you putting your body through it? Get a job stacking shelves and ease into retirement. Nobody's holding a gun to your head to stay are they. I've been in the job 30 yrs and have my off days but think of the physical side as being better than sitting around all day
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by Decky Boy »

Maybe something our Union could look into for 2020 and beyond ? Your right... it can be tough and physically demanding out there :sad: I look forward to the prospect of "innovative" attendance patterns :thumbup
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by maisymoo04 »

dazer0070 wrote:
Chitchat wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:'From 2019, the State Pension age will increase for both men and women to reach 66 by October 2020. The Government is planning further increases, which will raise the State Pension age from 66 to 67 between 2026 and 2028'

Why should we be any different?
Because it's a hard physically demanding job and when I retire I want to enjoy time with my wife and not spend it unable to do anything because I'm physically wrecked ,due to unmanageable workloads and having to take bucket loads of painkillers. . There is no,or virtually no way of winding down in this job as you get older, it's not like it used to be with the seniority rule, where you went on to a less brutal rural delivery as you approached retirement, now delivery methods has made it much worse. That's why.
I agree, in a very phyiscal job the employer should understand its staff cant keep working into their late sixties, its just not viable. And a genuine solution should of been found where by people can retire at a younger age.


If you're struggling to the extent you say, why on earth are you putting your body through it? Get a job stacking shelves and ease into retirement. Nobody's holding a gun to your head to stay are they. I've been in the job 30 yrs and have my off days but think of the physical side as being better than sitting around all day
here here :Applause :Applause :Applause
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
crazyclacy
Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 11:55
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by crazyclacy »

Big no vote for me NRA 67 There ripping it .....
crazyclacy
Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 11:55
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by crazyclacy »

Plus to many issues linked to trials
martybhoy39
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by martybhoy39 »

If the deal (FACT) gave us everything that has been offered but didnt backdate the 5% just gave us the rise after a yes vote how many of you would vote YES.
As the late Paul Daniels would say "Not Alot"
Posties have sold their souls down the years for the wee LumpSum.
What 300 taxed and more just so you can have a punt.
NO not to the RM
No to the (IM WITH YOU RM)XxX CWU.
We Are The Union
We Pay Them
They.....Love Steak n Chips. ..ck em
They are approving the deal ..ck your health,bullying and alchoholism
YOU'LL DAY IT.
BIG -NO-
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by gary1975 »

wongpongrog wrote:I am not voting yes for this no I will be getting my state pension before my royal mail one :thumbdown
I know who the hell can do this job until 67 who they kidding
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by Ozzvaldo »

gary1975 wrote:
wongpongrog wrote:I am not voting yes for this no I will be getting my state pension before my royal mail one :thumbdown
I know who the hell can do this job until 67 who they kidding
We've got a 66 year old doing a van share at our place....I'm hoping to retire, at least from delivery, somewhat earlier than him.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

CWU exec urges Yes vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by maisymoo04 »

most of the postman and woman in our office will be voting NO we have a office off 46 . its going to be very intresting I think :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

CWU exec urges ‘Yes’ vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by k979aaa »

crazyclacy wrote:Big no vote for me NRA 67 There ripping it .....
That's just the latest pension proposal wait in 2 years time whatever pension we have will still be un-affordable because of bonuses and dividends and fat cat salary's!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges Yes vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by fishtank »

The vote will go through not because members feel the union has secured a good deal but because members are fed up with the whole thing dragging on and on and a lump sum will convince the rest.

If I was a negotiator, PEC member or divisional rep recommending this agreement I wouldn't be particularly proud of what has been accomplished. I remember a time when that kind of pension "solution" would have been launghed out of the room.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

CWU exec urges Yes vote over Royal Mail deal

Post by gary1975 »

The vote will go through but not as overwhelming as the yes vote for strike action, a wage in retirement means to me to be earning more than dole money and to me this is not the case