ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheRealDeal
Posts: 24
Joined: 26 Jan 2010, 18:31
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by TheRealDeal »

MissKazzy, you have undoubtedly had your worst day. No day now will likely be any worse than this. We all sympathise because we've all been there on delivery.

It's good to get the emotions out and hey, you got your PDA back!

Tomorrow will be a lighter day, but cut off if you are getting towards half an hour of finnish time.

You will know from this day forward where your breaking point lies and where your limit is. Remember, slow, steady and accurate is better than rushed. ATB
Lance Jack
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by Lance Jack »

You had a really bad day, we have all been there but its worse when you are newer. I have been a postie for thirty years but still get bad days but I am more use on how to deal with it.
It might not have felt like it, but your day picked up when a colleague could see you was upset, they wanted to know if you was ok and had a chat with you when you wasn't. When it all goes wrong its the people at work who are there for you. (and us on here)
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by Sir Henry »

I would be surprised if Charliecats coach was actually a work place coach instead of just some shithouse who's pissed off at not being able to finish early so they can crack one off before their missus gets home. Honestly, my training was being saddled with some arsehole who used me for the donkey work and explained f**k all. We work with some right twats.

Don't stress, don't rush and don't think that because someone has a few more years in the job than you that they have the right to take the piss and give you attitude. Have a word with your rep and tell them what has been happening.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by gunho »

Don't let things get on top of you, do your best that's all you can do, soldiers suffer stress doctors suffer stress we post letters
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by Jpro747 »

You can’t be expected to be as quick as everyone else in your first week. You could try having a word with your manager, if they are half decent they will have a word with your so called coach.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by nickbsmooth »

Our office was told by the management if you're unhappy doing your job then work elsewhere.
Not particularly helpful but it's about the most truthful statement I've heard from them in recent years.
I hate my job and sometimes get stressed out, but I'm too lazy to find anything else,so I can't blame anyone but myself.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by korky »

nickbsmooth wrote:Our office was told by the management if you're unhappy doing your job then work elsewhere.
Not particularly helpful but it's about the most truthful statement I've heard from them in recent years.
I hate my job and sometimes get stressed out, but I'm too lazy to find anything else,so I can't blame anyone but myself.
still wondering if this is meant to be a wind up post or real :cuppa
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by Charliecat »

fishtank wrote:You need to be more assertive with your coach Charlie and don't let him bully you into feeling stressed. It's mostly the stress that's causing the mistakes. It doesn't matter how many times he rolls his eyes he's a coach, he's getting paid to coach and if he doesn't want to coach tell him to hand the money back.

Your will hurt for a few weeks but your body will get used to it. Every thing else will click into place, you're not slow you're just inexperienced, everybody is when they start.

Join the union.
Thanks for the support. You're right ...be assertive! I actually spoke to the manager and said I'd be better off on a round by myself to take it easy and go at my own pace as I learn better that way. Guess what I am on a round on myself on Monday :nana
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by aiden01 »

:thumbup :thumbup
Charliecat wrote:
fishtank wrote:You need to be more assertive with your coach Charlie and don't let him bully you into feeling stressed. It's mostly the stress that's causing the mistakes. It doesn't matter how many times he rolls his eyes he's a coach, he's getting paid to coach and if he doesn't want to coach tell him to hand the money back.

Your will hurt for a few weeks but your body will get used to it. Every thing else will click into place, you're not slow you're just inexperienced, everybody is when they start.

Join the union.
Thanks for the support. You're right ...be assertive! I actually spoke to the manager and said I'd be better off on a round by myself to take it easy and go at my own pace as I learn better that way. Guess what I am on a round on myself on Monday :nana
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by Celgar »

korky wrote:
nickbsmooth wrote:Our office was told by the management if you're unhappy doing your job then work elsewhere.
Not particularly helpful but it's about the most truthful statement I've heard from them in recent years.
I hate my job and sometimes get stressed out, but I'm too lazy to find anything else,so I can't blame anyone but myself.
still wondering if this is meant to be a wind up post or real :cuppa
I hate to and shouldn't say it but this does ring very true.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by WOBBLY »

nickbsmooth wrote:Our office was told by the management if you're unhappy doing your job then work elsewhere.
Not particularly helpful but it's about the most truthful statement I've heard from them in recent years.
I hate my job and sometimes get stressed out, but I'm too lazy to find anything else,so I can't blame anyone but myself.
Ooh, management need to be careful there, they're on the uneven ground of constructive dismissal there.......
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by MissKazzyB »

Charliecat wrote:Misskazzyb are you still doing the job? Your post sounds just like me! I started 2 weeks ago and wonder if I've made a huge mistake. My feet and legs and fingers hurt bad. My coach has no patience and I end up jogging the round as he says I'm too slow. I forget a parcel and have to run back down a street to post as I'm too scared to tell him I forgot. I left my pda on a bin and had to go back. I am not sure what to do if a parcel won't scan as my coach rolls his eyes and tells me he's already told me . Therefor I'm afraid to ask again! I make mistakes if I can't find flats in old buildings and probably post wrong letters all because I dopn't want to take them back because he'll moan and say he's shown me the flats twice. Little does he realise all the old Victorian mansions look the same when you have to concentrate on everything else. I am hoping to get a round with someone who doesn't push me so hard or one by myself so I can take care and do it right as right now I have not even got time to fiddle putting my pen back In my pocket and I haven't got a pda holder so that's a fiddle and I have no bags and have to use plastic boxes so the parcels aren't contained . Aargh just hoping there's light at the end


Hi Chariecatt

I’m pleased to say that yes I am still in the job & actually loving it at the moment :-)) Don’t know how long I’ll feel like this but fingers crossed this feeling will stay with me. Don’t get me wrong I have had bad days & was so close to taking all the mail back to the office over the Christmas period & telling them to stick their job where the sun don’t shine lol (Christmas Pressure) I was cutting off as I had to always leave on time (contracted hours) & the volume of parcels/Mail was a joke & I was being asked why I couldn’t complete every day....Umm I think the reason I’m bringing it back is because it’s Christmas & we wee overloaded. If they needed all delivered then why didn’t they get up & help....I could go on but I won’t bore you all all....I’m sure you get the gist of it all. Anyway a colleague persuaded me to stick with it & get over the Christmas period & see how I feel then. Sure enough I done just that & am now completing every day & finishing an hour or so before my contracted hours & it feels so good.
We are all slow when we first start but believe me u do get faster. Read all my posts & you’ll get abit of an insight into my journey so far with RM.

After reading your post, I think you should speak to your trainer in question about how you feel but judging by what you’ve said, he won’t care about what you say so I’d talk to the Dom & tell him basically what you’ve told us on here. As others have stated, he gets paid to do a job to train people & he’s definitely not doing that at all. Don’t know how he got d job of training people. You shouldn’t be made to feel like your being slow & cant ask him things or frightened to ask him anything. That’s outrageous.
Your legs & feet will definitely hurt but it’s gets easier. As I said read my posts, I’m sure they’re help you.

Good luck & feel free to pm me if you like
Xx
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 29 Jan 2018, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
gerrys
Posts: 33
Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 16:15
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by gerrys »

misskazzyB glad to hear that you sound more positive about job,we have all had days like you described if we are honest but please bear in mind this is the worse Winter for snow [In England] since 2010 so big pat on the back you got through this you can get through anything!.LIke you I was ready to throw the towel in but am still here hang in it will get better[honest]
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by MissKazzyB »

gerrys wrote:misskazzyB glad to hear that you sound more positive about job,we have all had days like you described if we are honest but please bear in mind this is the worse Winter for snow [In England] since 2010 so big pat on the back you got through this you can get through anything!.LIke you I was ready to throw the towel in but am still here hang in it will get better[honest]
Aww thanks :-))

Your right it definitely gets easier with time !
yellowbelly
Posts: 3731
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Ended up in tears today cos I'm stressing :-((((

Post by yellowbelly »

MissKazzyB wrote:


Hi Chariecatt

I’m pleased to say that yes I am still in the job & actually loving it at the moment :-)) ........
Kazzy - Glad to see you're still here!!
Sure enough I done just that & am now completing every day & finishing an hour or so before my contracted hours
Be careful - if management notice they'll start giving you more work/lapsing.....!!!! Make sure you're doing all the good stuff - taking breaks etc.