But is it the same '30 min'that posties are supposed to have Every week for WTL?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:So do Jersey https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... lit=JERSEY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Bernardson wrote:French Post have a scheme where a rural post person visits an elderly person for 30 minutes a day every week and has a cup of tea/coffee/wine and a chat!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trial an April Fool?
-
El-Bandito
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
- Gender: Male
Trial an April Fool?
-
Lance Jack
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Trial an April Fool?
I had a rural round up to 18 months ago. It was basically a nice housing estate with about 450 houses, built in the late 50's. Most of the residents had bought those houses new and had now retired. Am I expected to knock on all those houses? (on the plus side it was a good walk for Christmas tips, not that I excepted any (for the tax mans benefit))
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Trial an April Fool?
Years ago talked to all my customers if some twat came to me and asked me why I don't I will point to my managers and their managers the CEO now don't ban me TBT the buck stop's with them! How anyone can go the extra mile when they have 200000 on their air miles is beyond me but for all I know if someone was dead I would not know it now as I have not the time to speak to anyone anymore!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Trial an April Fool?
Two ?LouBarlow wrote:I have two OAP homes on my round. Do I have to chat to every person individually or load them all up into the hall?
Many of us have more than two dozen ?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Trial an April Fool?
Police, fire service or ambulance ?Mobey wrote:Sorry, to ask them 5 questions is stupid and time consuming.
I'm just saying if you post the letters or packets. Just a quick check to see they're not lying on the floor. If they're normally in at the time.
Why would you phone the police when you could phone the fire service and ambulance service?
It doesn't make much difference if you've not got a phone.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Trial an April Fool?
Yes, indeed, like all those in the House of Lords, perfectly capable of getting there and back home and filling in their expenses forms.DB1100 wrote:Why do they assume every old person is a bumbling idiot who is incapable of looking after themselves,most old folk I know would see this as an unwanted intrusion,a quick hello is enough.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Trial an April Fool?
Most days it's the OAP's asking me if I'm alright when they see me hobbling along, looking dishevelled and usually pissed wet through.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Trial an April Fool?
You could use the pda or ask a neighbour to phone!Lounge Lizard wrote:Police, fire service or ambulance ?Mobey wrote:Sorry, to ask them 5 questions is stupid and time consuming.
I'm just saying if you post the letters or packets. Just a quick check to see they're not lying on the floor. If they're normally in at the time.
Why would you phone the police when you could phone the fire service and ambulance service?![]()
It doesn't make much difference if you've not got a phone.