Erm, don't know about you but I still get a payment in lieu of the old d2d payments even when I don't get any or am on holiday. I don't consider myself delivering them 'for free' at all.Judgee wrote:Oh hell not again. Didn't the last deal of the century give us D2ds to do for free amongst other things?LouBarlow wrote:Deal of the century incoming.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
The clue is in the fact that you still get this payment even when you don't have any or you're on holiday, it's almost as if this delivery supplement payment has absolutely nothing to do with D2D.rambo1 wrote:Erm, don't know about you but I still get a payment in lieu of the old d2d payments even when I don't get any or am on holiday. I don't consider myself delivering them 'for free' at all.Judgee wrote:Oh hell not again. Didn't the last deal of the century give us D2ds to do for free amongst other things?LouBarlow wrote:Deal of the century incoming.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
fishtank wrote:The clue is in the fact that you still get this payment even when you don't have any or you're on holiday, it's almost as if this delivery supplement payment has absolutely nothing to do with D2D.rambo1 wrote:Erm, don't know about you but I still get a payment in lieu of the old d2d payments even when I don't get any or am on holiday. I don't consider myself delivering them 'for free' at all.Judgee wrote:Oh hell not again. Didn't the last deal of the century give us D2ds to do for free amongst other things?LouBarlow wrote:Deal of the century incoming.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
To be fair, it's only been ~5.5 years that Delivery Supplement was introduced and D2D money went, some need time to realise they are not directly linked.fishtank wrote:The clue is in the fact that you still get this payment even when you don't have any or you're on holiday, it's almost as if this delivery supplement payment has absolutely nothing to do with D2D.rambo1 wrote:Erm, don't know about you but I still get a payment in lieu of the old d2d payments even when I don't get any or am on holiday. I don't consider myself delivering them 'for free' at all.Judgee wrote:Oh hell not again. Didn't the last deal of the century give us D2ds to do for free amongst other things?LouBarlow wrote:Deal of the century incoming.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16699
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
Every night before I go to sleep I pray that they will do away with the delivery supplement and put it into our basic pay so that everyone will understand that nobody gets paid for delivering D2d and hasn't for the last 7 years.
I would accept a pay cut, my pension pot being slashed and any form of walk ownership they care to introduce just so I never have to read about D2D payments ever again..
Is it a deal Moya/Terry?
I would accept a pay cut, my pension pot being slashed and any form of walk ownership they care to introduce just so I never have to read about D2D payments ever again..
Is it a deal Moya/Terry?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
a bigger clue is how do we get a ''delivery supplement'' and the mail centres get their ''processing supplement'' all from the deal of the century, after Royal Mail specifically stated (back in 2010) ,,,,that there was NO MONEY for our payrise. yet low and behold.....they do away with all our D2D money and suddenly!!!....hey presto...we get 20 odd quid and mail centres get 8 quid...ALL from money that WAS NOT THERE!!!... where ever could this money have come from??fishtank wrote:The clue is in the fact that you still get this payment even when you don't have any or you're on holiday, it's almost as if this delivery supplement payment has absolutely nothing to do with D2D.rambo1 wrote:Erm, don't know about you but I still get a payment in lieu of the old d2d payments even when I don't get any or am on holiday. I don't consider myself delivering them 'for free' at all.Judgee wrote:Oh hell not again. Didn't the last deal of the century give us D2ds to do for free amongst other things?LouBarlow wrote:Deal of the century incoming.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
The truth at lastStrong bull wrote:3 questions
1 Has bullying and harassment been addressed ?
2 Has unachievable workloads been addressed ?
3 Has part timers constantly doing full time hours but never getting an increase in contracted hours been addressed ?
These issues probably make most people unhappy in their job. Let's face it your walk was tested properly and adjusted accordingly people would not work for free, the bullying would then stop and there would be a lot more scope for f/t contracts. How much happier would the workforce be then.
Not sure the shareholders would be though.
Will never happen though
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
Strong bull wrote:3 questions
1 Has bullying and harassment been addressed ?
2 Has unachievable workloads been addressed ?
3 Has part timers constantly doing full time hours but never getting an increase in contracted hours been addressed ?
These issues probably make most people unhappy in their job. Let's face it your walk was tested properly and adjusted accordingly people would not work for free, the bullying would then stop and there would be a lot more scope for f/t contracts. How much happier would the workforce be then.
Not sure the shareholders would be though.
Will never happen though
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16699
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
Part from D2D payments and part from our Early Shift Allowance.daveyeff wrote:...... where ever could this money have come from??
How many people go into work early because they are still getting their ESA in the Delivery Supplement?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
Its nearly ALL D2D money. the reason we still get the money when we are off is because its now in the workload and this comes from money generated from the revenue RM receive from the D2D money. to say we don't get paid for D2Ds is correct. but we all know where the money comes from to pay us our ''supplements''.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
The money doesn't come from nowhere. It was and is still paid by the contractors who get RM, or rather us posties, to prep and deliver their D2D leaflets nearly every week of the year. We were indeed told at the time that we would be getting a set fee for delivering the D2Ds instead of a varying figure per item. There would have been hell to pay if the union had negotiated for us to deliver D2Ds for free instead. I'm not sure if that twenty quid has ever risen with inflation though. The likelihood is it hasn't.daveyeff wrote:a bigger clue is how do we get a ''delivery supplement'' and the mail centres get their ''processing supplement'' all from the deal of the century, after Royal Mail specifically stated (back in 2010) ,,,,that there was NO MONEY for our payrise. yet low and behold.....they do away with all our D2D money and suddenly!!!....hey presto...we get 20 odd quid and mail centres get 8 quid...ALL from money that WAS NOT THERE!!!... where ever could this money have come from??fishtank wrote:The clue is in the fact that you still get this payment even when you don't have any or you're on holiday, it's almost as if this delivery supplement payment has absolutely nothing to do with D2D.rambo1 wrote:Erm, don't know about you but I still get a payment in lieu of the old d2d payments even when I don't get any or am on holiday. I don't consider myself delivering them 'for free' at all.Judgee wrote:Oh hell not again. Didn't the last deal of the century give us D2ds to do for free amongst other things?LouBarlow wrote:Deal of the century incoming.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
The money to pay you anything doesn't come from anywhere specific it comes from the big pot called revenue, it's as relevant to say that GLS in Spain are paying your delivery supplement. In fact from now on I'm going to refer to it as the Spanish Inquisition Supplement because nobody was expecting it.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
its from the money contractors pay royal mail for doing their 'leaflets'...otherwise known by us posties as D2D. that money was not available from the paydeal of 2010. I am not arguing. I am simply explaining why i'm right 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
But when we have no leaflets we still get paid. I am right as welldaveyeff wrote:its from the money contractors pay royal mail for doing their 'leaflets'...otherwise known by us posties as D2D. that money was not available from the paydeal of 2010. I am not arguing. I am simply explaining why i'm right
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
CWU claim victory in the Royal Mail dispute
its safe to say that if RM were to scrap D2D altogether, then we would all lose our supplements.