Ask the office to give you an application form. From memory I think it comes with all of the instructions. If not the union rep should at least be able to provide information.turnyitb wrote:thanks for he reply, could you please advise me where to find details of the grievance procedure?Lincox wrote:The grievance procedure is the same for all, whether you are in the union or not. The only difference is you will not get representation from the union unless you are a member. You are however allowed to have any colleague support/represent you at any grievance hearing.
From experience the grievance procedure in Royal Mail is an absolute sham and an absolute disgrace from a FTSE 100 (250)? company. In saying that, if you are convinced that you have been treated differently to that of your colleagues then you must stand up for yourself and take this matter through the grievance procedure however long it takes and however frustrated you will undoubtedly get.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
Maybe the rep new exactly what was happening & agreed it on the quiet, knowing you & your challenge can easily be swept under carpet? You would know your office workings & the cliques?
OPG getting made up should of been discussed between them 2 anyway.
OPG getting made up should of been discussed between them 2 anyway.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
Maybe just join the bloody union
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
Email Ask Moya. Don't accuse anybody of anything just lay out your case and then ask for a full explanation of how FT posts are filled within DO's, how such alleged productivity issues should be addressed and details of when and how to start the grievance procedure.
I'd also fully recommend joining the Union but you may well have good reasons for not doing so. A decent rep would maybe have chipped in on your case and helped you see the value in joining the CWU.
I'd also fully recommend joining the Union but you may well have good reasons for not doing so. A decent rep would maybe have chipped in on your case and helped you see the value in joining the CWU.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
I agree. Sometimes helping a non-member is best for the whole office, and that seems obvious so in this case.fishtank wrote:The rep is an arse.
You don't let this s**t go down in your office whether the victim is a member or a non member. An agreement is being ignored. The rep should have lodged a disagreement on behalf of the office. What's the rep going to do the next time it happens now that a precedent has been set?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
i've always been in the union and got scammed by a rep/dom deal on getting FT so a union rep not always provides the correct outcomeCreditshampoo wrote:Maybe just join the bloody union
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
You are absolutely right Korky. I have first hand experience of a rep being in tow with a manager for his own ends. However, the union is a group of people and not one individual who is using his/her position for their own ends. I always think you have more protection inside rather than outside.
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
Pull your finger out and sort your performance issues you might get more hours.
-
Deedlight
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 11 Feb 2016, 18:56
- Gender: Female
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
Four years in business and not in the union? I guess your rep went "NOW you wake up, well, good luck to you". Which to be fair, is understandable stance. No real reason not to join the Union, you pay the sub for when s**t really hits the fan and this case is one of them. Best way to deal with bad local reps is to go above their head to seek justice in my experience. Same for DOMs, go to HR. Those crooks operate in vacuum of control from above.
-
turnyitb
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 18:17
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
Deedlight wrote:Four years in business and not in the union? I guess your rep went "NOW you wake up, well, good luck to you". Which to be fair, is understandable stance. No real reason not to join the Union, you pay the sub for when s**t really hits the fan and this case is one of them. Best way to deal with bad local reps is to go above their head to seek justice in my experience. Same for DOMs, go to HR. Those crooks operate in vacuum of control from above.
as stated before I have never been asked to join the union. I have also never been in a union or ever needed one in any of my previous occupations.
I'm also not asking the union for help as I'm aware I'm not a member but asking fellow postal workers there views on the situation and ideas of how to progress.
the heavy handed responses from those in the union on this thread is enough to give the union a swerve!
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
The simple answer is that you put a stage 1 grievance in, asapturnyitb wrote:Deedlight wrote:Four years in business and not in the union? I guess your rep went "NOW you wake up, well, good luck to you". Which to be fair, is understandable stance. No real reason not to join the Union, you pay the sub for when s**t really hits the fan and this case is one of them. Best way to deal with bad local reps is to go above their head to seek justice in my experience. Same for DOMs, go to HR. Those crooks operate in vacuum of control from above.
as stated before I have never been asked to join the union. I have also never been in a union or ever needed one in any of my previous occupations.
I'm also not asking the union for help as I'm aware I'm not a member but asking fellow postal workers there views on the situation and ideas of how to progress.
the heavy handed responses from those in the union on this thread is enough to give the union a swerve!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
All of the responses have been from union members, supportive and non supportive.the heavy handed responses from those in the union on this thread is enough to give the union a swerve!
I've been a union rep for the best part of 20 years. Don't judge the union on the basis of a few short sighted individuals. It's your best chance to protect yourself from the kind of abuse that you've experienced.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
Not to mention all the perks you get with this job, pay etc are because the union and its members have had to fight hard forfishtank wrote:All of the responses have been from union members, supportive and non supportive.the heavy handed responses from those in the union on this thread is enough to give the union a swerve!
I've been a union rep for the best part of 20 years. Don't judge the union on the basis of a few short sighted individuals. It's your best chance to protect yourself from the kind of abuse that you've experienced.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
The day the union goes you might as well get a job with Amazon and at least work indoors on minimum wage and crap terms.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
overlooked for full time-performance issues!
Lincox wrote:The day the union goes you might as well get a job with Amazon and at least work indoors on minimum wage and crap terms.