ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bagging a Full Time contract

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by Destiny »

dingo wrote:The decision whether you warrent a full time job is not solely based on how many hours you have worked but based on what work you have done in working those hours.

So for example if you have been covering absence ie any duty where someone is sick or on annual leave than this will not result in you or the most senior part time getting an increase in contract. Why ? Because those on sick leave or annual leave will come back and you than won’t need to work those hours.

However if you work those hours because your part time walk is not thrown up when you arrive or you cannot finish on time , or if your a rest day cover and you cover full time duties or if your a reserve but cover full time duties or if your manager request you complete IPS or double prep each day than that will warrant an upgrade in contracted hours up to full time.
So I mailed this to my area rep, he was alarmed when I told him you where a divisional Rep. I'm getting mixed messages from varying official sources not just here what's right, allowed, worth fighting when even my own union carnt give me consistent info to work with (not just on this). OPG all over are becoming increasingly militant with false or misleading info, reading here or Facebook just makes being a local Rep not worth it :cry

Not a dig at you dingo just how it seems currently.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by NewPostieUK »

Destiny wrote:
dingo wrote:The decision whether you warrent a full time job is not solely based on how many hours you have worked but based on what work you have done in working those hours.<snip>
So I mailed this to my area rep, he was alarmed when I told him you where a divisional Rep. I'm getting mixed messages from varying official sources not just here what's right, allowed, worth fighting when even my own union carnt give me consistent info to work with (not just on this). OPG all over are becoming increasingly militant with false or misleading info, reading here or Facebook just makes being a local Rep not worth it :cry

Not a dig at you dingo just how it seems currently.
When Dingo is saying 'you' I think he means 'you lot' as in the people working overtime, not the individual. 'Us', me and you if you like.

Lets assume you and I are in the same boat, along with many others. He's saying "The decision whether you (thats you, me and others like us) warrant a full time contract depends on the type of overtime you (You, me etc) work. A certain type of overtime means hours can be put into the office and hence full time contacts offered to us. That's 'us' in general. Part timers. Which individuals actually get offered the full time contacts depends on seniority.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by Martin Walsh »

Destiny what bit was he alarmed at ?

Let me know and I will respond. How can you increase a part timers contracted hours if they been covering those on sick absence or say maternity leave. As they have the a contractural right to come back to that duty ?

In terms of the issue of seniority well it the most senior part timer in the office.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by Destiny »

Probably because he had someone higher up with a different opinion making his original stance irrelevant. He signed our TM off against our wishes and won't help challenge it leaving it up to pt staff. Changes his views on who he is talking too.
"It is what it is for fairness in ot for pt staff"

I dunno, I'm lost, fighting my own area, seems pathetic. Get more from Facebook lately. Why they are allowed to act and ignore us is beyond me, just a lazy, lacklustre sponge living on ft release. They all should be made to attend offices every 6 months not every 5 years.
Keeping the stronghold in MC to keep his job. HQ should actively deal with the ranks!

Branch secretary top man and the go to person.
Rant over.....
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by Gummage »

Every single week I exceed 60 hours.... :Very Happy
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by 2pints »

Gummage wrote:Every single week I exceed 60 hours.... :Very Happy
How long can your poor body take this level of abuse? :hmmmm I do admire your work ethic though.
mightyowler
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 73
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 19:16
Gender: Male

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by mightyowler »

Destiny wrote:
dingo wrote:The decision whether you warrent a full time job is not solely based on how many hours you have worked but based on what work you have done in working those hours.

So for example if you have been covering absence ie any duty where someone is sick or on annual leave than this will not result in you or the most senior part time getting an increase in contract. Why ? Because those on sick leave or annual leave will come back and you than won’t need to work those hours.

However if you work those hours because your part time walk is not thrown up when you arrive or you cannot finish on time , or if your a rest day cover and you cover full time duties or if your a reserve but cover full time duties or if your manager request you complete IPS or double prep each day than that will warrant an upgrade in contracted hours up to full time.
So I mailed this to my area rep, he was alarmed when I told him you where a divisional Rep. I'm getting mixed messages from varying official sources not just here what's right, allowed, worth fighting when even my own union carnt give me consistent info to work with (not just on this). OPG all over are becoming increasingly militant with false or misleading info, reading here or Facebook just makes being a local Rep not worth it :cry

Not a dig at you dingo just how it seems currently.
It’s the norm with this Union!

What chance have we got when reps cannot follow their own agreements?

A Union should be singing from the same hymn sheet!
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by Gummage »

2pints wrote:
Gummage wrote:Every single week I exceed 60 hours.... :Very Happy
How long can your poor body take this level of abuse? :hmmmm I do admire your work ethic though.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body.”

― U.S. Marine Corps
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
FelicityRae
Posts: 27
Joined: 17 Dec 2016, 12:13
Gender: Female

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by FelicityRae »

Gummage wrote:
2pints wrote:
Gummage wrote:Every single week I exceed 60 hours.... :Very Happy
How long can your poor body take this level of abuse? :hmmmm I do admire your work ethic though.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body.”

― U.S. Marine Corps
Try telling your body that when you hit old age.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Gummage wrote:
2pints wrote:
Gummage wrote:Every single week I exceed 60 hours.... :Very Happy
How long can your poor body take this level of abuse? :hmmmm I do admire your work ethic though.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body.”

― U.S. Marine Corps
Not a good analogy for RM when the UMSC want unquestioned obedience ..... then again.....
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Gummage
Posts: 72
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
Gender: Male

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by Gummage »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Gummage wrote:
2pints wrote:
Gummage wrote:Every single week I exceed 60 hours.... :Very Happy
How long can your poor body take this level of abuse? :hmmmm I do admire your work ethic though.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body.”

― U.S. Marine Corps
Not a good analogy for RM when the UMSC want unquestioned obedience ..... then again.....
My unquestioning obedience is to the Union Rep.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Bagging a Full Time contract

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:thumbup :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :thumbup :thumbup
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.