It's a nice thought but unfortunately rather than sacking the useless tw@ts I bet they'll just revert to being equally shite posties.fishtank wrote:I noticed they're looking for part-time 4hr cover managers, do you think they've finally caught on to the fact that once we're out the door there's f**k all for them to do?
I've also heard that all existing cover managers have to reapply for their roles and 30% of the roles will go to external applicants. Squeaky bum time for some I think.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Nice letter in the post!
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4118
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Nice letter in the post!
-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Nice letter in the post!
Good luck to those that are considering it. If people think they can be better managers than what they see around and want to make a difference good luck to them.
It's something I have thought about because 30+ years doing this job isn't going to be possible for much longer with the extra work we're doing. But I personally wouldn't go into it at the moment with the instability around the business.
For those of you having a pop at people wanting to better themselves and families you need to have a good look at yourselves. You are the problem within the business not those other people.
It's something I have thought about because 30+ years doing this job isn't going to be possible for much longer with the extra work we're doing. But I personally wouldn't go into it at the moment with the instability around the business.
For those of you having a pop at people wanting to better themselves and families you need to have a good look at yourselves. You are the problem within the business not those other people.
-
mondeo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
- Gender: Male
Nice letter in the post!
On Friday we must of had at least 8 of these managers wandering round our office trying to throw jobs out and generally getting in our way,think our office must be training them up,quite funny watching three people all huddled round one fitting 
-
kashmir58
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 10:28
- Gender: Male
Nice letter in the post!
What would happen if every postie from every office applies for it?
Could be fun
Could be fun
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Nice letter in the post!
I don’t see why people are criticising other people for wanting to progress and do something more than be a postman. Everyone has a family and wants to do their best for them so good luck to anyone applying and let’s hope it works out for them.
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Nice letter in the post!
Most offices function perfectly well for a few days without a manager if and only if they have experienced staff each with a manageable workload: it's the Union rep's job to put men on jobs.
Royal Mail could save a lot on salaries if they just scrapped the Cover Managers and trusted the blokes to do the job that they've been doing for years.
Unfortunately Royal Mail are now intent of squeezing full time duties onto part timers, and putting as much pressure on the blokes as possible. It seems like a false economy. One cover manager costs the same as two part timers or one full timer and half a part timer.
Who knows if private sector market disciplines will force RM management to become competent or not, judging by the Carillion near collapse and the begging bowl being put infront of the Government for a bail out, maybe not. Short termism seems to be favored these days.
Royal Mail could save a lot on salaries if they just scrapped the Cover Managers and trusted the blokes to do the job that they've been doing for years.
Unfortunately Royal Mail are now intent of squeezing full time duties onto part timers, and putting as much pressure on the blokes as possible. It seems like a false economy. One cover manager costs the same as two part timers or one full timer and half a part timer.
Who knows if private sector market disciplines will force RM management to become competent or not, judging by the Carillion near collapse and the begging bowl being put infront of the Government for a bail out, maybe not. Short termism seems to be favored these days.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Nice letter in the post!
Because they are just lazy bastards who expect the rest of us to pull them out of the situation they put upon us for pecuniary gain for themselves ie lapsing and thus stress hard working postmen/women and their family's I have no sympathy with them or their motives or tactics! Do not doubt they gain bonuses from our labour by harassing us all but don't say I did not tell you of the grim reality's when they they get told to f**k off and earn their bonus for once!joewyan wrote:I don’t see why people are criticising other people for wanting to progress and do something more than be a postman. Everyone has a family and wants to do their best for them so good luck to anyone applying and let’s hope it works out for them.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Nice letter in the post!
I think that’s very judgemental. So you are saying everyone who applies is a lazy bastard? Yes they may expect a lot but that’s because that’s the expectation put onto them not because they want to be like that. What would you expect them to do? Why does it stress you out? If you don’t have time to lapse then don’t do it, if you do have time then do it.k979aaa wrote:Because they are just lazy bastards who expect the rest of us to pull them out of the situation they put upon us for pecuniary gain for themselves ie lapsing and thus stress hard working postmen/women and their family's I have no sympathy with them or their motives or tactics! Do not doubt they gain bonuses from our labour by harassing us all but don't say I did not tell you of the grim reality's when they they get told to f**k off and earn their bonus for once!joewyan wrote:I don’t see why people are criticising other people for wanting to progress and do something more than be a postman. Everyone has a family and wants to do their best for them so good luck to anyone applying and let’s hope it works out for them.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Nice letter in the post!
Judgemental no realistic with my claims yes why put in for a job if you cannot do it yourself why ask a private in the army to go over the top if you the commander cannot do or will not do it this is a leadership role not a I will get somebody to do it other than I role this is the problem with royalmail managers who cannot and will not do the job that they profess to manage. By the way it does not stress me out not taking the lapse it stresses the manager out and he take's his own failings out on me whist he get's a bonus for abusing me and others whist I get grief from the lazy bastard!joewyan wrote:I think that’s very judgemental. So you are saying everyone who applies is a lazy bastard? Yes they may expect a lot but that’s because that’s the expectation put onto them not because they want to be like that. What would you expect them to do? Why does it stress you out? If you don’t have time to lapse then don’t do it, if you do have time then do it.k979aaa wrote:Because they are just lazy bastards who expect the rest of us to pull them out of the situation they put upon us for pecuniary gain for themselves ie lapsing and thus stress hard working postmen/women and their family's I have no sympathy with them or their motives or tactics! Do not doubt they gain bonuses from our labour by harassing us all but don't say I did not tell you of the grim reality's when they they get told to f**k off and earn their bonus for once!joewyan wrote:I don’t see why people are criticising other people for wanting to progress and do something more than be a postman. Everyone has a family and wants to do their best for them so good luck to anyone applying and let’s hope it works out for them.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Nice letter in the post!
k979aaa wrote:Judgemental no realistic with my claims yes why put in for a job if you cannot do it yourself why ask a private in the army to go over the top if you the commander cannot do or will not do it this is a leadership role not a I will get somebody to do it other than I role this is the problem with royalmail managers who cannot and will not do the job that they profess to manage. By the way it does not stress me out not taking the lapse it stresses the manager out and he take's his own failings out on me whist he get's a bonus for abusing me and others whist I get grief from the lazy bastard!joewyan wrote:I think that’s very judgemental. So you are saying everyone who applies is a lazy bastard? Yes they may expect a lot but that’s because that’s the expectation put onto them not because they want to be like that. What would you expect them to do? Why does it stress you out? If you don’t have time to lapse then don’t do it, if you do have time then do it.k979aaa wrote:Because they are just lazy bastards who expect the rest of us to pull them out of the situation they put upon us for pecuniary gain for themselves ie lapsing and thus stress hard working postmen/women and their family's I have no sympathy with them or their motives or tactics! Do not doubt they gain bonuses from our labour by harassing us all but don't say I did not tell you of the grim reality's when they they get told to f**k off and earn their bonus for once!joewyan wrote:I don’t see why people are criticising other people for wanting to progress and do something more than be a postman. Everyone has a family and wants to do their best for them so good luck to anyone applying and let’s hope it works out for them.
You must be cheery to work with based on your posts.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Nice letter in the post!
Everybody loves me I am approachable don't tell others how to do the job without them asking first and can laugh at myself all the quality's RM managers lack!joewyan wrote:k979aaa wrote:Judgemental no realistic with my claims yes why put in for a job if you cannot do it yourself why ask a private in the army to go over the top if you the commander cannot do or will not do it this is a leadership role not a I will get somebody to do it other than I role this is the problem with royalmail managers who cannot and will not do the job that they profess to manage. By the way it does not stress me out not taking the lapse it stresses the manager out and he take's his own failings out on me whist he get's a bonus for abusing me and others whist I get grief from the lazy bastard!joewyan wrote:I think that’s very judgemental. So you are saying everyone who applies is a lazy bastard? Yes they may expect a lot but that’s because that’s the expectation put onto them not because they want to be like that. What would you expect them to do? Why does it stress you out? If you don’t have time to lapse then don’t do it, if you do have time then do it.k979aaa wrote:Because they are just lazy bastards who expect the rest of us to pull them out of the situation they put upon us for pecuniary gain for themselves ie lapsing and thus stress hard working postmen/women and their family's I have no sympathy with them or their motives or tactics! Do not doubt they gain bonuses from our labour by harassing us all but don't say I did not tell you of the grim reality's when they they get told to f**k off and earn their bonus for once!joewyan wrote:I don’t see why people are criticising other people for wanting to progress and do something more than be a postman. Everyone has a family and wants to do their best for them so good luck to anyone applying and let’s hope it works out for them.
You must be cheery to work with based on your posts.