ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
London CWU Update on Talks
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
What do people really expect. Royal Mail to just roll over on every demand every individual on here makes.
People need to wake up & accept they are not going to like every detail about a deal but that it will be a damn sight better because of our union & sticking together what Royal Mail would love to impose on us without a union.
People need to wake up & accept they are not going to like every detail about a deal but that it will be a damn sight better because of our union & sticking together what Royal Mail would love to impose on us without a union.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
London CWU Update on Talks
so our two year pay rise starts 2017 great deal 
Last edited by slinder123 on 09 Jan 2018, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
How do you come to that conclusion ?slinder123 wrote:so our two year pay rise starts from april 2018 so fk all for 2017 thankyou cwu great deal
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
Your late today
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
There is an hour off the working week and for part timers this is the equivalent of 2.6% pay rise.
Might be the equivalent of a 2.6% pay rise but you won’t see it in your pay and you’ll still be delivering the same amount of mail or sorry mails down
Might be the equivalent of a 2.6% pay rise but you won’t see it in your pay and you’ll still be delivering the same amount of mail or sorry mails down
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
Ok dingo
I'm real enough to understand that this agreement hasn't gone nearly as far enough for the Royal Mail, which is why I think the CWU need to be a bit bolder and try and hammer out a 5 year agreement.
Also, if resourcing is bad now what is it going to be like when staff start later because there absolutely has to be more automation and fewer staff doing bigger outdoor deliveries?? I'm not normally a glass half empty type but I know Royal Mail too well. The moment we get a pay rise; senior managers will use that to try and get its managers to force us into working faster, harder and more efficiently - and I would argue that most of its staff are already doing that now by coming in hours early and working through their breaks....
I'm real enough to understand that this agreement hasn't gone nearly as far enough for the Royal Mail, which is why I think the CWU need to be a bit bolder and try and hammer out a 5 year agreement.
Also, if resourcing is bad now what is it going to be like when staff start later because there absolutely has to be more automation and fewer staff doing bigger outdoor deliveries?? I'm not normally a glass half empty type but I know Royal Mail too well. The moment we get a pay rise; senior managers will use that to try and get its managers to force us into working faster, harder and more efficiently - and I would argue that most of its staff are already doing that now by coming in hours early and working through their breaks....
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
London CWU Update on Talks
No APRIL 2017, so would be backdated.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
I am quite optimistic about Dingo's post and can understand his frustration but also understand the scepticism from others as well. We shall have to wait and see the detail - the devil is in it!
But I am sure that whatever progress has been made would not have been made without the massive vote supporting the union for IA
But I am sure that whatever progress has been made would not have been made without the massive vote supporting the union for IA
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
Explain how a pt will not see it in their payYour late today wrote:There is an hour off the working week and for part timers this is the equivalent of 2.6% pay rise.
Might be the equivalent of a 2.6% pay rise but you won’t see it in your pay and you’ll still be delivering the same amount of mail or sorry mails down
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
Your late today
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
I thought your pay stays the same but you do an hour less, sorry if I got it wrong but until we get the details it’s all guess workgb93 wrote:Explain how a pt will not see it in their payYour late today wrote:There is an hour off the working week and for part timers this is the equivalent of 2.6% pay rise.
Might be the equivalent of a 2.6% pay rise but you won’t see it in your pay and you’ll still be delivering the same amount of mail or sorry mails down
-
Celtic Postman
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 27 May 2016, 20:34
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
No your wrong,Your late today wrote:I thought your pay stays the same but you do an hour less, sorry if I got it wrong but until we get the details it’s all guess workgb93 wrote:Explain how a pt will not see it in their payYour late today wrote:There is an hour off the working week and for part timers this is the equivalent of 2.6% pay rise.
Might be the equivalent of a 2.6% pay rise but you won’t see it in your pay and you’ll still be delivering the same amount of mail or sorry mails down
A PT workers hours will stay the same (If your 25 now you will be 25 hrs after the agreement if accepted) But your pay will go up to reflect the difference between full time hours and the hours you do.
In laymans terms everyone's hourly rate goes up so you get more money for your hours worked.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
Yeah that is right for a full timer but the hourly rate goes up meaning as part timers don't get an hour off their working week they will get an extra pay rise. Plus of course overtime rates will rise for full timersYour late today wrote:I thought your pay stays the same but you do an hour less, sorry if I got it wrong but until we get the details it’s all guess workgb93 wrote:Explain how a pt will not see it in their payYour late today wrote:There is an hour off the working week and for part timers this is the equivalent of 2.6% pay rise.
Might be the equivalent of a 2.6% pay rise but you won’t see it in your pay and you’ll still be delivering the same amount of mail or sorry mails down
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
nudenut
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 21 May 2013, 21:48
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
Personally I would like a lump sum back dated to April 2017 and more pay . I don't care about shorter week ... sorry it's just my opinion .seaside wrote:No APRIL 2017, so would be backdated.
-
Your late today
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
Thanks for the info I understand it now.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
wonder which talks will last the longest. union/employer or Newcastle united takeover talks. 
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
London CWU Update on Talks
Just say we do get 2.6% for from April 2017 as mediator recommended that will equate to a lump sum of around £500 when it is backdated for a full timer.nudenut wrote:Personally I would like a lump sum back dated to April 2017 and more pay . I don't care about shorter week ... sorry it's just my opinion .seaside wrote:No APRIL 2017, so would be backdated.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.