ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The year they privatised Christmas

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Roy Mayall
Posts: 236
Joined: 10 Oct 2009, 16:46
Gender: Male

The year they privatised Christmas

Post by Roy Mayall »

Image

I started working for the Royal Mail sometime after the turn of the Millennium.

It was a job I had always wanted. Healthy, out in the fresh air, involving at least four hours a day of intense exercise, and a degree of autonomy, with no managers looking over my shoulder – at least while I was out on my round – it was the perfect job. Still is in many ways.

The basics of the job haven’t changed. I still walk from one address to the next sticking letters through letter boxes. What can possibly go wrong?

Well a lot actually. They can destroy the industry by undermining the pension, introducing a form of fake competition, and then privatising it.

Read more here: https://roymayall.wordpress.com/2017/12 ... christmas/
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

The year they privatised Christmas

Post by baldrick »

Another well written piece by Roy Mayall. :Applause