ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Musical postman from Musselburgh releases his fifth CD

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Musical postman from Musselburgh releases his fifth CD

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/ ... _fifth_CD/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A POSTMAN and keen accordionist from Musselburgh has launched his fifth CD, called First Class Delivery.

Ewan Galloway and his Scottish Country Dance Band performed sets along with local musicians during the launch event at Rannoch House, Tranent.


The compere was Ian Lees, with more than 60 years in showbusiness and who has been a well-known presenter on Radio Tay for 35 years.

Mr Galloway, a Musselburgh resident and postman in North Berwick, has been playing the accordion for 13 years, from the age of 14, after being tutored by John Leslie from Dunbar.


He was inspired to take up the instrument after attending a Scots night in West Barns. Mr Galloway said: “After practising for many hours every day, I then moved on to taking on gigs. This soon caught on and word spread. Before I knew it I was getting gigs from near and far.

“Playing in Shetland at the Accordion and Fiddle Festival has to be one of the highlights, as well as performing at the Royal Highland Show and on BBC Radio Scotland’s Take the Floor three times.

“One of my most enjoyable experiences was to perform on the brand new Borders Railway for the Golden Ticket winners.

“I gained further experience by being invited to host my own radio show in the Scottish Borders on TD1 Radio called the Scottish Shindig.

“I have now been doing this show every Sunday night for six years. The show doesn’t only reach the surrounding area but, through the power of the internet, it is listened to all over the world.”

Mr Galloway said that since moving to East Lothian from Coldingham six years ago he had built up a variety of “great connections” in the community.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.