http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... s-14043023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A street has had no post for six months after Royal Mail suspended deliveries over fears for the safety of its staff.
Deliveries were suspended at Holly Road in Risca in June after their staff were “threatened and intimidated”.
With Christmas around the corner, frustrated residents are still unable to have their post delivered, and some have to travel up to five miles to collect their post from Abercarn Delivery Office.
Some residents say they are being made to suffer because of the actions of a minority.
In June, postal workers were given a police escort after fears for their safety, but claimed they continued to be verbally abused by residents.
One resident said previously that the problem has been ongoing for a number of years.
The resident, who did not want to be named, had said: “It’s a minority that has affected everyone.
“It’s sad that it’s got to come to that it [the post] takes a police escort to get delivered.”
Royal Mail said that while they attempted to deliver to residents at the block of flats in June with police in attendance, one of their postmen was verbally abused.
Gwent Police previously said they are investigating an “isolated” incident on June 15 where items were thrown from a flat window, missing a postal worker.
Sally Hopkins from the Royal Mail said: “We are continuing to work closely with the council on finding a suitable solution so we can resume deliveries safely to all addresses in Holly Road.
“In the meantime, customers are able to collect mail from our delivery office, or request us to deliver it to an alternative address in the area.”
A Caerphilly council spokesman said: “We are aware that this ongoing issue has been an inconvenience for local residents, but we have been working hard to agree a way forward and we will be updating those affected in the coming days.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A street has had no post for six months after postal workers were abused
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
A street has had no post for six months after postal workers were abused
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
A street has had no post for six months after postal workers were abused
Glad to see the Company is sticking to it's guns and supporting the Posties in question.
Years ago I had some young lads swearing at me and spitting, so I just refused to deliver the whole street. After about 4 days one of the young lads older brother asked me why they weren't getting any mail. After I'd explained to him he went home and gave his brother a good slapping, and made him (and his mates) apologise. That's one way of sorting the problem.
Years ago I had some young lads swearing at me and spitting, so I just refused to deliver the whole street. After about 4 days one of the young lads older brother asked me why they weren't getting any mail. After I'd explained to him he went home and gave his brother a good slapping, and made him (and his mates) apologise. That's one way of sorting the problem.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
A street has had no post for six months after postal workers were abused
Exactly.Dorset Plodder wrote:Glad to see the Company is sticking to it's guns and supporting the Posties in question.![]()
Years ago I had some young lads swearing at me and spitting, so I just refused to deliver the whole street. After about 4 days one of the young lads older brother asked me why they weren't getting any mail. After I'd explained to him he went home and gave his brother a good slapping, and made him (and his mates) apologise. That's one way of sorting the problem.
And we never had this trouble when the bobbie on the beat would give such scallywags a clip behind the ear.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
A street has had no post for six months after postal workers were abused
Not allowed now thoLounge Lizard wrote:Exactly.Dorset Plodder wrote:Glad to see the Company is sticking to it's guns and supporting the Posties in question.![]()
Years ago I had some young lads swearing at me and spitting, so I just refused to deliver the whole street. After about 4 days one of the young lads older brother asked me why they weren't getting any mail. After I'd explained to him he went home and gave his brother a good slapping, and made him (and his mates) apologise. That's one way of sorting the problem.
And we never had this trouble when the bobbie on the beat would give such scallywags a clip behind the ear.