ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail 'sorry' after posties pulled off rounds - because of health and safety concerns

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Royal Mail 'sorry' after posties pulled off rounds - because of health and safety concerns

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/loc ... ies-927549" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Royal Mail has apologised after hundreds of residents didn’t receive their post for two days – because it was too icy.

Posties due to deliver at addresses in North Staffordshire were stopped from going out due to health and safety concerns because of the wintry weather.

Areas affected on both Monday and Tuesday included Biddulph and Knypersley where residents were baffled after not receiving any post in the busy Christmas season.

Now Royal mail has confirmed its staff are working around the clock to shift the backlog.

A spokesman said: “Unfortunately, in some areas, there have been delays to deliveries as a result of the impact of weather. We apologise to those customers affected by this. We are aware how important deliveries are to our customers at this time of year.

“Royal Mail has robust contingency plans in place. Our postmen and women in our mail centres and on delivery are working around the clock to deliver Christmas for all of our customers. Customers concerned about deliveries can contact our customer service team.”

For further information call 03457 740740 or go to http://www.RoyalMail.com/serviceupdates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Royal Mail 'sorry' after posties pulled off rounds - because of health and safety concerns

Post by Destiny »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Royal mail has confirmed its staff are working around the clock to shift the backlog.

“Royal Mail has robust contingency plans in place. Our postmen and women in our mail centres and on delivery are working around the clock to deliver
Really ;liar
Pay a decent overtime rate & maybe it would get delivered & if possible could you also stop bullying folk who cannot get anywhere close to completing. Treat us with decency, goes a long way don't you know with the "backlog"!
thekiddykid
Posts: 116
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38

Royal Mail 'sorry' after posties pulled off rounds - because of health and safety concerns

Post by thekiddykid »

You could not stand up safely never mind trying to walk for 5 hours!!! No doubt the complainers were still lay on the sofa in their onesies watching trashy daytime tv. Oooo its too cold to go out. Get the kettle on again. Absolutely unbelievable :no no
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Royal Mail 'sorry' after posties pulled off rounds - because of health and safety concerns

Post by baldrick »

I haven't been out much over the last few days because of the weather. Yesterday it was bright and sunny, though cold, and I thought I'd go out to the park for a walk. I'd only just got into the park when I slipped on black ice which I couldn't see on the asphalt path. I gashed my head, and bruised my arms and hip.
I was dazed and think I might have been concussed for a while, and had to sit on a bench for about 10 minutes before I could continue on my way.
I'm aching all over today, but I suppose I'm lucky I didn't break any bones. I will be staying in while it's icy in future.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Royal Mail 'sorry' after posties pulled off rounds - because of health and safety concerns

Post by Darren Bent »

and most of these people causing massive backlog by ordering so many stuff online which doesn't help us to clear the post backlog.