ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... o-14005271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like posties in Merseyside will be getting a tip this Christmas...

Hundreds of Scousers have praised Merseyside posties who REFUSED to deliver S*n leaflets in the region.

Yesterday we reported how postal workers were shocked to receive boxes at depots with the message “Happy Christmas from the S*n” emblazoned on them .



It is believed that the boxes contained festive leaflets from the reviled newspaper - although this could not be confirmed as staff refused to open them.

After raising the alarm with union bosses, workers informed Royal Mail that they would not deliver the literature and the company accepted their position.

The decision has led to Merseyside’s postal workers coming in for major praise from ECHO readers on social media.

Gemma Gordon said: “Well done to our Posties, YNWA spirit of Liverpool once again.”
Pamela Kyle suggested that the S*n is trying to “worm their way back in” to the region, adding: “They may as well give up. We will never forget the lies they printed.”

Catherine Summerskill posted: “Our postmen are amazing well done lads and ladies” and Vicky Southern added: “What a show of unity, well done to our hard working posties.”

Facebook poster Andy Barr said that the decision means that his postie will “definitely be getting a tip this Christmas”.

Several social media users referred to the postal workers as heroes - Niamh McGarry-Gribbin wrote: “Not all heroes wear capes... well done our posties.”

Julie Redrup added: “Yay to all our postal workers. Good call guys and girls. So proud to be a Scouser.”

A spokesman for the Communication Workers Union confirmed to the ECHO yesterday that members had informed Royal Mail of their decision and that the company had accepted it.

He explained: “We don’t actually know what is in the boxes, but whatever they are our members have refused to deliver them.

“Our members believe it is an insult to the city of Liverpool for the S*n to have tried to get these delivered here.

“As soon as the boxes came in, our members raised the alarm and told the union.

“Royal Mail were understanding with the stance.

“This was a unanimous decision by postal workers all over the city - It was a surprise that they turned up on Merseyside.”

On the subject of what will happen to The S*n’s boxes now, he added: “The boxes will be getting sent back to wherever they came from, they will not be delivered.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by baldrick »

Well done Liverpool posties! :Applause
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by PHARRY »

YOU MEAN THE SUN. News paper
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by PHARRY »

Willful delaying of live mail Naughty very naughty
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

PHARRY wrote:Willful delaying of live mail Naughty very naughty
Pity you didn't read the article.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
al64
Posts: 102
Joined: 04 Sep 2008, 16:45
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by al64 »

I have to deliver loads of stuff that I don't like but it's my job, Just bloody get on with it and move on for god sake, Were not payed to pick and choose :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

al64 wrote:I have to deliver loads of stuff that I don't like but it's my job, Just bloody get on with it and move on for god sake, Were not payed to pick and choose :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
:thumbdown
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by WOBBLY »

al64 wrote:I have to deliver loads of stuff that I don't like but it's my job, Just bloody get on with it and move on for god sake, Were not payed to pick and choose :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
You are correct - but Liverpool and the S*n is a very sensitive subject and one thats very unique as I'm sure you're well aware! Nice to see RM being understanding for once! The free newspaper drop they did a few years back was excluded from Merseyside and surrounding areas too.

I for one salute the posties for saying no! :thumbup
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by wannabeek »

I do not salute those posties. I personally have a massive gripe with a large national chain. They specifically locally targeted my previous self-employment and made that job untenable. I had to close down, sell up and get a 'normal' job instead. As a postman, it turned out.

Ironically, I now have to deliver their advertising material as part of my job. That is my job. If I couldn't tolerate that I'd have to find another job.

So these posties are allowed to pick and choose what to deliver because of some ethos values? and they are supported by RM in that?? I just don't geddit.

Could someone explain please?
plodplodplod
Posts: 56
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 21:30
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by plodplodplod »

wannabeek wrote:I do not salute those posties. I personally have a massive gripe with a large national chain. They specifically locally targeted my previous self-employment and made that job untenable. I had to close down, sell up and get a 'normal' job instead. As a postman, it turned out.

Ironically, I now have to deliver their advertising material as part of my job. That is my job. If I couldn't tolerate that I'd have to find another job.

So these posties are allowed to pick and choose what to deliver because of some ethos values? and they are supported by RM in that?? I just don't geddit.

Could someone explain please?
what is it you dont 'ged'? i think you should find another job yes.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by wannabeek »

So if you say that, shouldn't they also get new jobs because they cannot tolerate what they are supposed to deliver? That's what I don't get.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by WOBBLY »

wannabeek wrote:So if you say that, shouldn't they also get new jobs because they cannot tolerate what they are supposed to deliver? That's what I don't get.
You've read the news, you know whats happened....... It's a very sensitive subject and the fact that RM have agreed with the posties says a lot imho.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wannabeek wrote:Could someone explain please?
:shock:

The Sun accused Liverpool fans of pissing on police, stealing from the dead, and beating up Police who were giving fans CPR during the Hillsborough disaster. Every single allegation was a lie.

If that's not enough reason I don't know what is.

In a roundabout, the Sun agreed with the boycott by printing in a letter
"If the price of a free press is a boycott of our newspaper, then it is a price we will have to pay."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mad man moon
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 41
Joined: 11 Jan 2015, 22:50
Gender: Male

"Not all heroes wear capes" - ECHO readers LOVE Posties after S*n snub

Post by mad man moon »

al64 wrote:I have to deliver loads of stuff that I don't like but it's my job, Just bloody get on with it and move on for god sake, Were not payed to pick and choose :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!

:Applause :Applause
Ex-PFW currently Network Driver.