I agree with smudge, how hard would it be to give the customer a discount for a collect at the office option and not having their parcels unnecessarily dragged around the streets, surely they would prefer this as they won't get their parcel until the next day at the earliest in our office. Royal Mail need to get with the times.JKSmudge wrote:How about some radical thinking ? let the recipient decide what day/time ( window ) they want to recieve mail OR even say they are happy to collect from depot ( as many of my customers/delivery points are) - thus saving the ridiculous time/effort/expense of taking items out that we know are just going to be returned to caller's office.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
3 new services I'd like to see from Royal Mail
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
3 new services I'd like to see from Royal Mail
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4109
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
3 new services I'd like to see from Royal Mail
A. Not really, well sort of but all they come up with is utter bollox. (See B).Do we not have a department for bright ideas or do we just continue with the same ( failing ) concepts for the years ahead ?
B. Yes we will but probably later in the day.
Joking apart I agree with some of the points, tbh I probably wouldn't mind doing parcel delivery on a Sunday in exchange for an extra midweek day off but again it doesn't fit with the once up the path concept, yes we offer a unique service but we're in danger of being left far behind the opposition that RM seem to want to copy.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12185
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
3 new services I'd like to see from Royal Mail
Everything that you receive from your local MC on a Friday night/Saturday morning is due for delivery on Saturdaypostslippete wrote:1. Don't agree with everything going on a Saturday
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
3 new services I'd like to see from Royal Mail
Parcel deliveries should be between 7-9am
Saturdays needs to be a skeleton service for specials and packets
Saturdays needs to be a skeleton service for specials and packets
CUT OFF!!!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
3 new services I'd like to see from Royal Mail
Yes, one address on my round that gets quite a few parcels has such a box which is left unlocked.elteleltel wrote:Why not encourage the customer to get a secure metal box .Quite frankly people that constantly order stuff to an address when they know nobody will be in must be crazy or must like visiting the delivery office .
It does not take much commonsense for RM to liaise with customers and sell them a secure box .
If nobody in parcel in box, box locked and key through letterbox.
Everyone happy.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
3 new services I'd like to see from Royal Mail
All very well until some other parcel company beats you to it!
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3341
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
3 new services I'd like to see from Royal Mail
What comes in the door is due for delivery on the day, so packet flow is handled like Just in Time delivery for supermarkets in which stock turns up when needed and everything is geared around that. Deferring packets to Saturday or any selected day won't work so long as more and more keep turning up - it's like a pileup on the motorway. The onus is on the senders to dispatch at the appropriate time. RM isn't the bottleneck, it's the letterbox.
The machine stops.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
3 new services I'd like to see from Royal Mail
But there is "a collect at the office option" with Tracked. It's called "Local Collect".The Postman wrote:I agree with smudge, how hard would it be to give the customer a discount for a collect at the office option and not having their parcels unnecessarily dragged around the streets, surely they would prefer this as they won't get their parcel until the next day at the earliest in our office. Royal Mail need to get with the times.JKSmudge wrote:How about some radical thinking ? let the recipient decide what day/time ( window ) they want to recieve mail OR even say they are happy to collect from depot ( as many of my customers/delivery points are) - thus saving the ridiculous time/effort/expense of taking items out that we know are just going to be returned to caller's office.