ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Physically Exhausted!!!!
-
shakapaw
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 23 Sep 2007, 14:27
- Location: observatory
Physically Exhausted!!!!
Have you had your thyroid tested
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Physically Exhausted!!!!
It's a tough gig this time of the year, I'm not taking any large packets this year.
It keeps my over time down to under an hour a day.
If you do too much then how can you actually enjoy xmas when it arrives ,if you're a physical wreck.
It keeps my over time down to under an hour a day.
If you do too much then how can you actually enjoy xmas when it arrives ,if you're a physical wreck.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Physically Exhausted!!!!
Copious amounts of Stella Artois.nickbsmooth wrote: If you do too much then how can you actually enjoy xmas when it arrives ?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
Not taking large packets. Lol. Some offices have it so easy, it actually sounds like people are in a different job.
In some places, if you don't take your large packets (or whatever else you don't feel like taking), it'll just be waiting for you tomorrow.
Great for you, though, that you have so much support in your office with deliveries.
Stella? Heavens, how posh. I'm started on my xmas home brew already. Better get another batch on, the way this year is looking...!
In some places, if you don't take your large packets (or whatever else you don't feel like taking), it'll just be waiting for you tomorrow.
Great for you, though, that you have so much support in your office with deliveries.
Stella? Heavens, how posh. I'm started on my xmas home brew already. Better get another batch on, the way this year is looking...!
-
Ralph Wiggum
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
wannabeek quote "it'll just be waiting for you tomorrow"
If management do not clear the work you do not have time for, it will be there waiting for THEM to attempt to clear tomorrow!
If management do not clear the work you do not have time for, it will be there waiting for THEM to attempt to clear tomorrow!
-
TheProgster
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 25 Sep 2010, 23:42
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
Yes the weather doesn’t help but to be honest why it’s so tiring is because the duties now have a very high call rate...meaning that we are virtually going to EVERY call on all the duty with something which is mostly an Xmas card...where as normally outside the Xmas period there are gaps and we miss a few places.
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
How do you have time to go to every DP?TheProgster wrote:Yes the weather doesn’t help but to be honest why it’s so tiring is because the duties now have a very high call rate...meaning that we are virtually going to EVERY call on all the duty with something which is mostly an Xmas card...where as normally outside the Xmas period there are gaps and we miss a few places.
-
sequinn
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
- Gender: Female
Physically Exhausted!!!!
Kazzy B I know exactly how you feel and I am nearly 20 years older than you!! It's bad enough having to rush around all day trying to get the round finished but at this time of year we end up working in the dark which is awful. Even with help we're still out late. I have 3 years until I can get my state pension (66) and it can't come soon enough. I will have worked for Royal Mail for 23 years. This year I have had more health problems than any other time in my life and I look after myself well. I think my poor old body is ready for retirement but unfortunately it'll have to wait a bit longer!!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
Yes it would be good to see your GP for a blood test for thyroxene levels.shakapaw wrote:Have you had your thyroid tested
I used to do quite a physical duty, on vans collecting business mail, and loading/unloading lorries on the platforms. I used to walk 3 miles to work every day too.
Then I started feeling tired, it felt like I was wearing lead boots, and I used to just collapse on the settee when I got home. I was also getting a squeezing feeling around my heart. I thought I had angina. After testing it was found I had hypothyroidism, where the thyroid glands aren't producing enough thyroxene, which affects a lot of your body's functions.
Once diagnosed it was quite easy to fix, I just have to take a synthetic thyroxene tablet every day. If you do have this condition you also then get free prescriptions.
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
Would u really lose that much if u went early, surely your health comes firstsequinn wrote:Kazzy B I know exactly how you feel and I am nearly 20 years older than you!! It's bad enough having to rush around all day trying to get the round finished but at this time of year we end up working in the dark which is awful. Even with help we're still out late. I have 3 years until I can get my state pension (66) and it can't come soon enough. I will have worked for Royal Mail for 23 years. This year I have had more health problems than any other time in my life and I look after myself well. I think my poor old body is ready for retirement but unfortunately it'll have to wait a bit longer!!
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
Tuesday was fairly light although I still went over my time as there were more large Parcels than a usual Tuesday and replacing a bulb on the van was a little tricky. Wednesday was really heavy - probably heaviest day so far as the van was full literally to the roof with large Parcels. We haven't had our busiest days yet though as we usually get a couple of days when are nearly or actually working in the dark. Last year the double absorption walks were completed by the cover staff. This year we voluntarily 'lost' two walks so will be doing the double absorption within our own walks plus some additional delivery. The walks are still not equal and the effects of this are yet to pick us fully in the face this Xmas.
Today is my day off and it's p****** down with rain outside or was earlier on. The weather forecast for the coming week mentions snow showers and a lot of ice on the ground. Lock and load everyone!!
Today is my day off and it's p****** down with rain outside or was earlier on. The weather forecast for the coming week mentions snow showers and a lot of ice on the ground. Lock and load everyone!!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Grinder64
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
The real parasites are those at the helm of this stinking ship. Obsessed with expectations of infinite growth; vultures feathering their gilded nests at the expense of the well being of the rest of us.Decky Boy wrote:
When you get home after a hard day's graft feel good about the fact that you've made a fantastic contribution to society and your town's wellbeing in general. You've earned your pennies... and aren't a parasite ( like many out there ?)
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
LOL. As if.Ralph Wiggum wrote:wannabeek quote "it'll just be waiting for you tomorrow"
If management do not clear the work you do not have time for, it will be there waiting for THEM to attempt to clear tomorrow!
Never seen a manager do delivery.
Seen massive fails; seen a whole sub office 50% fail, as in half the whole walks do not even get 1 letter in the frame...
Still never seen a manager deliver. Apparently some posties are in a different job, like I said.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
The Secret is...... AVOID EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL..... Treat Christmas as you would any other busy week. Use the Overrunning Procedure and finish at your contracted time. Royal Mail love to advertise the fact that they employee an extra 20.000 staff at Christmas. How many of them are actually walking the streets delivering mail? Not Bloody One I bet!
It doesn't matter how many extra staff you've got shoveling parcels into one end of the pipe if you've only got the same amount at the other end delivering it!
Admittedly we have "Christmas Special Duties" because no one's on Leave, and they help by taking out the larger parcels,and perhaps a few loops on the larger duties. The heavier it gets the more I leave. I had 5 trays of mech today so told the DOM I'd be leaving an additional 30 delivery points ( I'm already leaving 50 delivery points). Don't let yourself get pressured by the DOM giving it the old, "It's Christmas I'd like you all to go that extra mile to help all our customers out"!
Take it easy and look after yourselves, so that you're in a fit state to enjoy Christmas with your family. In my experience the only people rushing around at this time of the year are the "Chosen Few". Mainly because they're the lazy bastards that have been taking it easy all year. Perhaps they've been pacing themselves ready for their four weeks busy period?
It doesn't matter how many extra staff you've got shoveling parcels into one end of the pipe if you've only got the same amount at the other end delivering it!
Take it easy and look after yourselves, so that you're in a fit state to enjoy Christmas with your family. In my experience the only people rushing around at this time of the year are the "Chosen Few". Mainly because they're the lazy bastards that have been taking it easy all year. Perhaps they've been pacing themselves ready for their four weeks busy period?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Physically Exhausted!!!!
Grinder64 wrote: The real parasites are those at the helm of this stinking ship. Obsessed with expectations of infinite growth; vultures feathering their gilded nests at the expense of the well being of the rest of us.
That's very poetic Grinder.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)