Dantheunit wrote:I saw a parcel driver presumably yodel/hermes. Driving around delivering parcels with her kid asleep in the backseat.
The guy on my delivery drives round on his phone all the time. with a teenage kid in the back of the van with the side door open. All they do is jump out knock on the door and do one with the parcel left on the step .
Dantheunit wrote:I saw a parcel driver presumably yodel/hermes. Driving around delivering parcels with her kid asleep in the backseat.
Ha ha I'm surprised she's got the room with all the parcels they normally stuff in their cars. My local Herpes driver uses a brand new car! Everyone's surprised she'd put the wear and tear on a brand new car..... however as it's a Disability Vehicle I don't suppose she's bothered. Nothing like abusing the system eh?
As Amazon seem to be our "Special Friends" again (now that Christmas is here) I wonder if the public will notice the difference between our Delivery Standards? I always tell my customers, "If you're not happy with the way your parcels are delivered then phone up and complain, it's the only way anything will get done about it"! That's the trouble with us Brits, we like to moan but we can't be bothered to complain.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
I saw 6 parcels door stepped on one of my loops today, one was a box of posh looking wine which said try neighbours either side if out and in big letters "LEAVE SECURE" lol
Xr4 wrote:I saw 6 parcels door stepped on one of my loops today, one was a box of posh looking wine which said try neighbours either side if out and in big letters "LEAVE SECURE" lol
RM ain’t no better, most of my colleagues doorstep anything and everything to save them the time of writing a card out so they can piss off early, so we’re basically running the same sh*t service for a higher price.
I wonder if private customers use yodel and Hermes. They are both a bag of s**t. I suspect it’s large corporate contracts and online power sellers using them to keep costs down. To the detriment of their own customers.
Good luck to em. I actually refuse to buy off online shops that use dog shot couriers I always check the T&C’s first.
But DPD are another class. Top class that is. Royal Mail could learn a thing or two from their methods
South_London_Postie wrote:And until RM get PDAs that are able to print a 739 with all the details quicker than it is to hide a parcel there will always be door stepped packets.
I asked a notorious door stepper in my DO why does he do it. His response was “can’t be f****d to write another 739 out. “
I'm putting that PDA on my Christmas list! I want one!
Is he chiselling it out of a piece of granite?
It's 20 seconds of hardly the toughest task in the world. If he can't be arsed doing that there's probably a lot of other stuff he can't be arsed with like getting signatures on specials and delivering to those awkward top flats. Liability not to be trusted.
I don’t actually door step however it has crossed my mind quite afew times. I know it doesn’t take that long to write out a 739 but every second/minute counts when I’m going as fast as my body will let me with aches/pains in my feet/ankles to try my best to complete without cutting off as I have school run to do.
I just wanna keep them off my back :-(
chickenwittle wrote:Need to seperate parcels from letters to provide a service which invokes offering time slots.Royal Mail know this of course but they aren't willing to pay for it .
If you read the Mediation Summary Pack it explains the need to have a combined delivery model, the cost of delivering a parcel increases from around 50p to £2.50 if we separated parcels from letters it would price us out of the market and mean the only option would be to move us onto a Hermes style price per item contract, the impact on the letters business would be disastrous without the growth in parcels and the profit to offset letter decline.
The end result would be the total collapse of the 6 day USO massive compulsory redundancies, the break up of the business, Royal Mail floundering in a highly competitive parcel market, a huge and desperate cost cutting exercise, massive cuts to terms and conditions in an attempt to undercut our competitors and in my opinion because our competitors already have a head start I think the company would be out of business within 5-10 years or bought on the cheap by one of the sharks and further broken up.
Be careful what you wish for, it isn't Royal Mail who are unwilling to pay for the separation of letters and parcels, it's me and if you've any sense it should be you too.
Royal Mail, considering the increase in parcels, should always have 1. dedicated parcel drivers in bigger vans and 2. delivery postmen and women. But the only reason they won't go back to the old ways is because they are constantly trying to save the pennies. Its just like everything else that's considered 'modernisation'….bigger rounds, collections on delivery, scanning every single parcel because it has a 2D barcode. When I see all those parcels stacked up on trolleys still there after the previous working day, I think to myself, all Royal Mail are interested in is not providing a quality service for customers, but an inferior service by keeping the costs of delivering a parcel down by not actually employing enough staff for the day to do it!! And its not just at Xmas that we have seen issues of delivery failures - and its all because of a lack of adequate and proper staffing...
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Xr4 wrote:I saw 6 parcels door stepped on one of my loops today, one was a box of posh looking wine which said try neighbours either side if out and in big letters "LEAVE SECURE" lol
Hermes/Yodel all couriers get paid per drop until they deliver they don’t get paid so no they won’t attempt delivery on 3 separate occasions as they are suppose to . When you consider they earn between 80p and £1.50 per drop depending on area out of this comes fuel,business insurance wear and tear of vehicle etc you can work out how many drops they must achieve to make it worth while only human nature when trying to earn a living
Driver74 wrote:Not every courier is like that though I’ve had a lot delivered by dpd they text you with an hour time slot and always on time you can even track exactly where the driver is we can’t come close to that kind of service
70 dpd drivers walked out of their Cambuslang depot today, they treat the staff like s**t. Good luck clearing that backlog