ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Swapping walks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Swapping walks

Post by Dorset Plodder »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The rep, as long as he is accredited, is the "neutral" in this case, and I believe (but correct me if I am wrong) is allowed access to certain information in cases such as this, but again there are checks and balances and legal obligations and penalties in place if the rep divulges protected information.
That sounds fair to me. In fact now I do remember our current Rep has come back to us in the past, when we've queried the DOMs actions over certain colleagues. Simply stating that there is a genuine reason that Postie X is allowed to leave half their walk behind and finish early. The example I stated was in an office I worked in briefly, which didn't have a Rep. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
roger
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 148
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 18:51

Swapping walks

Post by roger »

paulf0203 wrote:Can two colleagues in an office just decide to swap walks, or is there a process to follow?
Pay and modernisation agreement 2007/9 covers duty swaps.
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

Swapping walks

Post by paulf0203 »

roger wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:Can two colleagues in an office just decide to swap walks, or is there a process to follow?
Pay and modernisation agreement 2007/9 covers duty swaps.
I can't find that Roger can you tell me what it says please mate?
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

Swapping walks

Post by paulf0203 »

paulf0203 wrote:
roger wrote:
paulf0203 wrote:Can two colleagues in an office just decide to swap walks, or is there a process to follow?
Pay and modernisation agreement 2007/9 covers duty swaps.
I can't find that Roger can you tell me what it says please mate?
ok I've found it