greengiant wrote:Apparantly part timers will be getting made up to full time, by them going out first thing in the morning and delivering packets from 7am! Isn't that a bit too early in the morning to be delivering to recipients?
To be fair a lot of people will probably want to get a parcel before they leave for work rather than have to endure the hell of queuing at an understaffed callers office in the evening after work.
As I recall our office did that last Christmas and it worked quite well.
greengiant wrote:Apparantly part timers will be getting made up to full time, by them going out first thing in the morning and delivering packets from 7am! Isn't that a bit too early in the morning to be delivering to recipients?
I did that last year, kept coming back to a barely preped frame and being asked why I was last out!
I didn't have one complaint about delivering so early, I kept on getting comments on why we can't do it all the time.
People still prefer to have their post in the mornings
greengiant wrote:Apparantly part timers will be getting made up to full time, by them going out first thing in the morning and delivering packets from 7am! Isn't that a bit too early in the morning to be delivering to recipients?
I'm doing this, but haven't been made up to full time, it's just up until Christmas to help clear the backlog.
greengiant wrote:Apparantly part timers will be getting made up to full time, by them going out first thing in the morning and delivering packets from 7am! Isn't that a bit too early in the morning to be delivering to recipients?
I did that last year, kept coming back to a barely preped frame and being asked why I was last out!
I didn't have one complaint about delivering so early, I kept on getting comments on why we can't do it all the time.
People still prefer to have their post in the mornings
Years ago a boss from RM came to our office and stated that people wanted their mail as early as possible,which of course is true.I just cannot get my head round how RM seem to change the goalposts exactly to suit themselves,but making out its to suit the customer.What hypocrites they are.
greengiant wrote:Apparantly part timers will be getting made up to full time, by them going out first thing in the morning and delivering packets from 7am! Isn't that a bit too early in the morning to be delivering to recipients?
I did that last year, kept coming back to a barely preped frame and being asked why I was last out!
I didn't have one complaint about delivering so early, I kept on getting comments on why we can't do it all the time.
People still prefer to have their post in the mornings
Years ago a boss from RM came to our office and stated that people wanted their mail as early as possible,which of course is true.I just cannot get my head round how RM seem to change the goalposts exactly to suit themselves,but making out its to suit the customer.What hypocrites they are.
It's a money thing BONUS CULTURE managers get big bonuses the higher up the more the lower down less but it's better than bugger all and lump all the work on the posties for their bonus and their bonus is pensionable by the way just as they cut our's they feather their own nest egg as well!
Unfortunately RM classes the companies sending out the mail as the customers wanting later deliveries, I bet most of which pay extra to receive their mail early!