ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Manager home visit

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Manager home visit

Post by rehabron »

doorstepped wrote:No.
you have given your explination and he has to accept it.

you self certificate between 3 - 7 days so you don't even need to have seen a doctor.

if he arrives, take a picture and then put in a greivence stage 2 against him.

I have also just been off with Norovirus and I took 5 days off, my DOM was superb with it all. Shame they can't all be the same.
Following on from " doorstepped" comments if you can try and get your local press involved if this does not breach our official secrets act as we are now a private company and get the managers photograph taken with a short story so that the general public are fully aware of what employees of RM have to contend with.
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Manager home visit

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

In all my years as a postie, management has never had the guts to tackle me on home turf; opting instead for in-office "chats". Serious illness can do without the extra stress of dealing with them, but for me, calling them out always works a treat, knowing as we do that it's all a tactic to hurry you back to work.

If he does turn up: sit him down, go make him a cuppa, and cough loudly and violently whilst in the kitchen.

Get well soon.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Manager home visit

Post by fishtank »

I have a dog, sometimes especially if I'm ill I find it difficult to restrain him.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Manager home visit

Post by Creditshampoo »

All sickness is to be treated as genuine!!
Stay off sick if you need to and he will have no choice but to credit your days back
thekiddykid
Posts: 116
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38

Manager home visit

Post by thekiddykid »

Get your missus to answer the door. If she is anything like mine he is likely to have a bucket of p++s over his head and "eff off he is ill" ringing in his ears :Very Happy :Very Happy
cavendish9027
Posts: 24
Joined: 18 Jun 2012, 18:30
Gender: Male

Manager home visit

Post by cavendish9027 »

I phoned him on the Monday and read him the sentence about communication should be of a positive manner and not threat based. His response was his manager told him to visit. That's his classic line always blaming his manager because he doesn't have the guts to stand his ground. I explained it is harassment for suggesting a home visit, texting me at home on a Sunday afternoon and they way he questioned what the doctors had to say and telling me 4 days is long enough to recover.

Found out yesterday that my so called friends in the office actually agreed with him and thought a home visit was needed. Some s**t stirrer had spread a rumour saying I was on holiday and had clearly pulled a sicky on the Monday. They said this because it looked too suspicious that I was off from Tuesday onward. (Forgetting I was off from Thursday before after nearly fainting in the yard) I have two kids and my wife is a teacher and it's term time so how the hell was going to be on holiday. So it's gone from doubting how ill I was to doubting I was ever ill and was off sunning myself somewhere. If the manager had any intelligence he would have phoned my land line to find out if I was at home. But RM manager. Back to work tomorrow with all my friends that have spent the last week or so moaning and back stabbing me. Can't wait.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Manager home visit

Post by Brandy »

Who visits the managers when they are off sick oh sorry forgot managers are never off sick they are perfect arnt they! :shhhhh