http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/brist ... toy-767931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A man contacted the Post saying his privacy had been invaded by Royal Mail but it turned out he had been the victim of a prank
A north Bristol couple trying to spice up their sex-lives said they were shocked to find a package they had ordered online had been tampered with.
The couple, who wished to remain anonymous, ordered a sex toy but when they found the parcel on the doormat, it had been opened with a cheeky note written on the front.
The man contacted the Bristol Post saying his privacy had been breached.
“I’m not going to beat around the bush,” the 28-year-old tradesman said.
“I was talking to my girlfriend and she said she wanted to spice things up. I was shocked to find a letter on the package my partner ordered in the mail.”
The note, written on the address label in blue biro, reads: “Package was vibrating. Investigatory measures were necessary.
“Sincere apologies and enjoy. Love from RM X”
The man said he thought the sex toy had been opened by wary Royal Mail staff fearing the parcel was a bomb.
He said: “She had ordered a sex toy. It had a vibrate function and Royal Mail obviously felt it necessary to investigate, which has caused me incredible embarrassment.
“I don’t know why they chose to investigate – it could have been because she ordered it to ‘Mike Rotch’. Maybe they thought it was a bomb.”
The man says he chose a fake name to preserve his identity and feared he would be the laughing stock of local posties.
“I’m horrified,” said the man. “I think that perhaps it wasn’t opened in secret in the sorting office. Perhaps the whole postal force of Bristol now know where I live and what I do in my spare time.”
The Post contacted the man to verify his claims and he opened the box while speaking to us - only to find the toy did not come with batteries installed.
"It dosen't have batteries in it," he said, puzzled. "It wasn't vibrating and they opened it anyway."
After pondering why the package may have been opened for a few minutes the man called back with more information.
"I questioned my housemates, it turns out it was one of them having a joke." he said.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bristol man caught in sex toy prank thought Royal Mail mistook parcel for bomb
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Bristol man caught in sex toy prank thought Royal Mail mistook parcel for bomb
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Bristol man caught in sex toy prank thought Royal Mail mistook parcel for bomb
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4109
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Bristol man caught in sex toy prank thought Royal Mail mistook parcel for bomb
Reminds me of an old Bernard Manning gag, the postman "tested" an inflatable doll before delivering it, 2 days later the guy who ordered it phoned the company and said I wanted realism, I got that alright I caught a f'kin dose from it !
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Bristol man caught in sex toy prank thought Royal Mail mistook parcel for bomb
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" whole new meaning to the old proverb. 