ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Help

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
MrsHappyMum
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 17:43
Gender: Female

Help

Post by MrsHappyMum »

Hello, I've got a question about resigning from Royal Mail whilst being in maternity leave:

I'm on Maternity Leave at the moment. I wanted to be with my baby for full 52 weeks before returning to work.
I'm considering now the idea of not returning to work at all. My questions are:

-Do I need to repay to RM anything at all (contractual maternity leave) if I resign before the return date? if so, how much could it be?
-How would be the best way to give notice? (letter?call?in person?).
-What happen with the holidays that I didn't use during Maternity Leave? I could push those days forward after returning to work but if I'm resigning instead, can I use them to repay the ML?

Thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Help

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

To be honest, as you have posted this 3 times with no one replying it might be best to give the CWU a call and see if they can advise. Its quite a technical question that has me stumped. If the CWU can't help give CAB a call, and as a last resort call HR.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32787
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Help

Post by POSTMAN »

Do I have to pay back maternity pay?
https://www.workingmums.co.uk/advice-an ... he-expert/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Resigning from your job during pregnancy and maternity leave
https://www.maternityaction.org.uk/advi ... ity-leave/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4105
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Help

Post by ted_e_bear »

As per last two replies I'd ask cwu then HR for advice, if you can be bothered you could always go through the motions of returning to work, ask to tag your holidays on to the end of your maternity leave so you get paid then just say you've changed your mind and write in to hand your notice in a week before you're due back, you could even ask your Dom about royal mail's policies on family friendly attendance then he'll really be glad to see the back of you !