ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being moved to other offices
-
nuns
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
why is it a good money spinner??
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
Say for example you travel using your own car 10 miles there and 10 miles back, that's 20 x 45p, nine quid for travelling 20 miles (32km).nuns wrote:why is it a good money spinner??
Avg new car fuel consumption is approx 1 litre for 20km, so 1.5 litres for 32km (all 'ish figures) which is about 2 quid in fuel. So you've made
7 quid 'profit'. Also you should be travelling in RM paid time so you've been paid for travelling not working.
However, none of this takes into consideration car wear and tear and increased insurance costs if your insurance
company charges you for increasing your cover to more than one place of work (mine didn't).
I had a 'discussion' about this with manager. He said I wasn't entitled to it sending me somewhere else until I pointed out that onnuns wrote:are all workers entitled to milage allowence even if on reserve ?
according to the uniform ordering website I was tagged to a certain office which was even further away so pay me what I travel
or I wasn't going under my own steam. Guess what - he paid up.
-
nuns
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
where do you get form from to claim ?
-
nuns
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
do you mean on the dimensions website?tagged to a certain office
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
Yes that's where I found out which office I was definitely assigned to although I have never worked there! (I have beennuns wrote:do you mean on the dimensions website?tagged to a certain office
moved assigned office several times due to other personnel movements to fit in with vacancies, management budgets and
other such randomness!).
Manager never gave a straight answer as to which office I was assigned to.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
The one I've used is a 'P6007' Business Travel Expenses Form, got it from DOM support.nuns wrote:where do you get form from to claim ?