So, my wife and I are expecting our first child.
Problem is, her first utrasound scan is booked in for Friday 22nd December. Right at the end of the pressure.
How likely am I to be given leave of duties to attend that appointment with her?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
1st Antenatal Appointment during Xmas pressure.
-
Marston
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 30 Jun 2010, 19:08
- Gender: Male
-
matt76
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 13:36
- Gender: Male
1st Antenatal Appointment during Xmas pressure.
If you have a manager who’s human then it’ll be no problem. Family takes priority in my opinion.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
1st Antenatal Appointment during Xmas pressure.
Only met one in my years with Royal Mail. They are not interested in what happens in your personal life. They have been pre-programmed to ask for all the help that you can give them, and woe betide you if you don't, but quickly reject without thought any sensible, human request that you ask of them.matt76 wrote:If you have a manager who’s human then it’ll be no problem. Family takes priority in my opinion.
Without doubt in my 49 years of working life I have never worked for a company that disrespected the value of the workers to the degree that Royal Mail does. The current executive would be sent to The Hague for war crimes if this was a wartime situation.
-
Marston
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 30 Jun 2010, 19:08
- Gender: Male
1st Antenatal Appointment during Xmas pressure.
Oh, I know what you guys are saying, believe me...
I asked the DOM today though, and I got the day on annual leave, thankfully. The wife would have killed me if I wasn't going to be there.
I asked the DOM today though, and I got the day on annual leave, thankfully. The wife would have killed me if I wasn't going to be there.
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
1st Antenatal Appointment during Xmas pressure.
You are allowed time off to attend 2 ante natal appointments with your partner,,, it's in the employment policy