Sometimes the meal relief is inappropriately scheduled.
You are p/t. You've just had your breakfast and gone to work.
10 minutes later you are supposed to have a 30 minute meal relief.
I'm not sure I would bother.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
mancity1
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 10:29
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
clashcityrocker wrote:Sometimes the meal relief is inappropriately scheduled.
You are p/t. You've just had your breakfast and gone to work.
10 minutes later you are supposed to have a 30 minute meal relief.
I'm not sure I would bother.
The legislation says it should be taken midway through working if possible I thought.
I'm trying to find answers to a few things about Royal Mail ... re: delivering with bags (which it would appear RM have said no to, but it happens in my office in order to complete the round), the exact break times allowed depending on hours worked ... my belief is the old agreement which is quoted elsewhere on here (6 hours for 25 hours (5 hours a day and above)) but again, in my office, where I've recently started as a postie again after a break, there are at least 2 posties on 32 hour contracts who believe and claim for a 20 min break!!
What I'm seeing coming back to RM is that new employees are not being informed exactly what their rights are and what they are entitled to .... or have I missed something??
My new contract is a LOT less detailed regarding what I'm entitled to regarding sick pay and meal relief (nothing mentioned) than my old contract 10 years ago!!
I will post elsewhere to ask the question regarding meal relief - but clearly the OP has obviously been told she is entitled to 30 mins on a 25 hour contract!!
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
Believe it or not, we have a manager who stays until scheduled finish time in our office! Said manager either sends people back out or makes them prep D2Ds for their own delivery or larger deliveries that usually don't finish on time. So anyone who misses their break and returns to the office isn't allowed to leave until scheduled time.Postie45 wrote:I think they still do it is because most times they do get away early, id be surprised if anyone did this and got sent back out EVERYday
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
It would be more effective action than striking.DiamondSmiles wrote:Well done! If only everyone took their break. Would shock the managers that's for sure.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
IncorrectInterested-seeker wrote:It would be more effective action than striking.DiamondSmiles wrote:Well done! If only everyone took their break. Would shock the managers that's for sure.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
Could you elaborate?Creditshampoo wrote:IncorrectInterested-seeker wrote:It would be more effective action than striking.DiamondSmiles wrote:Well done! If only everyone took their break. Would shock the managers that's for sure.
Just to say I do think that striking is effective. My point is that if everyone took their breaks, didn't rush around and leave early we wouldn't be in this mess now.
Last edited by Interested-seeker on 07 Nov 2017, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
Would just result in failed walks, public kept in the dark. Business saving a lot of overtime they won’t care.Interested-seeker wrote:Could you elaborate?Creditshampoo wrote:IncorrectInterested-seeker wrote:It would be more effective action than striking.DiamondSmiles wrote:Well done! If only everyone took their break. Would shock the managers that's for sure.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
If posties took their break and cut off at their end time and others didn't rush around to pick up more overtime, then RM would be forced to take on more staff. If we all took a stand and did the job properly and safely, that can only be a good thing?Creditshampoo wrote:Would just result in failed walks, public kept in the dark. Business saving a lot of overtime they won’t care.Interested-seeker wrote:Could you elaborate?Creditshampoo wrote:IncorrectInterested-seeker wrote:It would be more effective action than striking.DiamondSmiles wrote:Well done! If only everyone took their break. Would shock the managers that's for sure.
But striking comes in useful in regards to shedding light on the pension issue.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
Respect to that manager. I bet everyone takes their breaks. Actually this is RM we are talking about.Ozzvaldo wrote:Believe it or not, we have a manager who stays until scheduled finish time in our office! Said manager either sends people back out or makes them prep D2Ds for their own delivery or larger deliveries that usually don't finish on time. So anyone who misses their break and returns to the office isn't allowed to leave until scheduled time.Postie45 wrote:I think they still do it is because most times they do get away early, id be surprised if anyone did this and got sent back out EVERYday
-
Matt123
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Took My Meal Relief - Felt Strange
I didnt use to take my break I'd just grab a bag of hola hoops but as from now I'm gonna take it everyday without fail