Sorry if its already on here but I've scrolled through and just wanted to double check.
I went sick yesterday (Tuesday) could hardly move flu/cold symptoms, rang in sick again today was told I don't need a voice for delivery ! Surely being able to move is an advantage though ! I've told them I won't be back tomorrow but unsure about Friday yet. Only problem I have is Saturday is my rest day and I'm on leave next week. I was thinking of going back Friday but have no energy, walking up the stairs is a struggle at the moment :-(
Do I have to phone up Friday and say I'm fit for work again, so they take me off the sick ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sick into annual leave
-
Captain Scarlet
- Posts: 322
- Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 15:23
- Location: Fifer
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sick into annual leave
You can phone in to say you are off sick on Saturday as it's a rostered day off.
However, if you continue to be sick into your holiday legally you are allowed to claim any days back. Simply put you can't be on sick and annual leave at the same time. However, those days will count in the absence procedure. If you do feel better whilst on holiday make sure you contact them so they can change you from sick to annual leave.
Word of warning most RM managers won't be too clear on this process, or at least they won't advertise it, but it is your legal right.
However, if you continue to be sick into your holiday legally you are allowed to claim any days back. Simply put you can't be on sick and annual leave at the same time. However, those days will count in the absence procedure. If you do feel better whilst on holiday make sure you contact them so they can change you from sick to annual leave.
Word of warning most RM managers won't be too clear on this process, or at least they won't advertise it, but it is your legal right.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
maz
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 00:25
- Gender: Female
Sick into annual leave
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You can phone in to say you are off sick on Saturday as it's a rostered day off.
However, if you continue to be sick into your holiday legally you are allowed to claim any days back. Simply put you can't be on sick and annual leave at the same time. However, those days will count in the absence procedure. If you do feel better whilst on holiday make sure you contact them so they can change you from sick to annual leave.
Word of warning most RM managers won't be too clear on this process, or at least they won't advertise it, but it is your legal right.
Hi, maybe someone can help, i have been off work ill for a few weeks. I was getting a little anxious about being off so i took my leave thinking i may be feeling OK enough to go back to work at the end of it. I was suppose to go back to work on the Monday, i am still not right so haven't returned and let resources know. My doc is going to back date my sick note for when i was on leave and the rest off this week. I have been informed by a manager that it may now go down as 2 separate sick absences because i took leave. I have explained that i took the leave with good intentions off returning to work but unfortunately i'm still ill and the doctors note will cover my leave. I am under the docs and hospital, i was trying to get back into work but that wasn't possible. I accept its my fault that i told them i was going on leave and would return after which i was hoping to but where do i stand now? will it go as 2 absences ? can they issue a stage 2 even though i'm not on a stage one? Being honest doesn't pay
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Sick into annual leave
Correct. Being too honest doesn't pay.
But you cannot trigger a stage 2 without having first triggered the stage 1.
But you cannot trigger a stage 2 without having first triggered the stage 1.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
maz
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 00:25
- Gender: Female
Sick into annual leave
Thanks for the reply,clashcityrocker wrote:Correct. Being too honest doesn't pay.
But you cannot trigger a stage 2 without having first triggered the stage 1.
i wasn't sure if they could go for a stage 2 because they are trying to say its 2 separate sicks in a short period.
So when i send in my doctors note that is backdated for my leave period i was on but was actually still not right, how will that be dealt with?
The sick note will continue from before my leave so no break in it even though work think it may be 2 separate sicks because in theory i took the leave initially ?
can work just override the doctors note for that week?