ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you take your meal relief ???

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Angwyn
Posts: 76
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
Gender: Female

Do you take your meal relief ???

Post by Angwyn »

In short no, not often.
I'm a part timer paired with full timers who start up to 2.5 hours before me. Sometimes I get in and everythilng is thrown in ready . . . sometimes not. If my partner is ready to bag up and take their relief I might just about get bagged up ready to go by the time they've finished. On the one hand I don't feel I need meal relief so early in the shift but then there's no chance later either. We all want to finish on time so I find I don't ask my partner for a break half way, although I'm sure they would let me. It seems to me from the ones I've worked with that we both understand it can be unfair on both sides so there's no animosity just acceptance of the way it is. I do however book overtime for missed relief and haven't been questioned on it yet.
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Do you take your meal relief ???

Post by Alexei »

Always take my 40 minutes before leaving. Very seldom do I take 20 minutes before leaving, and 20 minutes half way through.