ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Park and loop

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by matthew68 »

Does anyone else completely change the loops to make them a lot smaller only I just moved to different walk after 6 months on previous one and the guy who is an old postie for 30 years has changed this rounds loops,I spent a week before on it and we did 3 large loops on each and took about 4 hours , now he has a total of 9 loops! And does parcels at end as he is designated driver and it takes 5 hours! He won’t use trolley and carries small bags,I think it’s a waste of time having loads of loops for 15/20 mins each plus I don’t want to be late I’ve tried to change him but he won’t and manger says I have to stay on it with him, and not cutting off! But I explained how slow he is but he says just do it his way!
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by worktotime »

simple just tell the dim that you will be back on your time and your partner will have to take you back to the office and then its his choice to finish with you or go back out and finish the delivery :wave , leave it to him , if he refuses to us a trolley etc and carrys a bag , :arrrghhh
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

You can alter things, so long as it doesn't drastically impact your duty time.

You need to repeat what you've said to your rep, and see about getting moved onto another duty. It seems clear enough that your
working partner is the reason you are going over more than you wish.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by matthew68 »

BarnsleyLackey wrote:You can alter things, so long as it doesn't drastically impact your duty time.

You need to repeat what you've said to your rep, and see about getting moved onto another duty. It seems clear enough that your
working partner is the reason you are going over more than you wish.
Yes I agree with you the Dom for some reason changed a few f us last week , we have had no Re sign and he says we won’t be doing one which is surely wron? I have already explained to him this guy is slow and retiring in 3years and only wants to do it his way! He has no young kids and happily work til330/4 and I have already told Dom I need to be at school for330 ,luckily we have been finishing at about 3 ish at moment, but have already said when it’s heavier I coming back , problem is he had younger guy who ran with him last time and I’m not doing it so will see what happens as I have said loops are not working but Dom won’t upset this guy and as he’s driver he can decide how it’s done!?
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

matthew68 wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:You can alter things, so long as it doesn't drastically impact your duty time.

You need to repeat what you've said to your rep, and see about getting moved onto another duty. It seems clear enough that your
working partner is the reason you are going over more than you wish.
Yes I agree with you the Dom for some reason changed a few f us last week , we have had no Re sign and he says we won’t be doing one which is surely wron? I have already explained to him this guy is slow and retiring in 3years and only wants to do it his way! He has no young kids and happily work til330/4 and I have already told Dom I need to be at school for330 ,luckily we have been finishing at about 3 ish at moment, but have already said when it’s heavier I coming back , problem is he had younger guy who ran with him last time and I’m not doing it so will see what happens as I have said loops are not working but Dom won’t upset this guy and as he’s driver he can decide how it’s done!?

It will ultimately lead to confrontation, but if you don't want to go over, you can't be made to stay out. Telling your DOM that you can crack on with a quicker partner, and he should move you, isn't out of reasonability.
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by loverman shabba »

i have split my walk into smaller loops. less weight to carry but it doesnt take an hour longer on delivery. whats the point in having a van if your still gonna carry weight like a donkey.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by matthew68 »

BarnsleyLackey wrote:
matthew68 wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:You can alter things, so long as it doesn't drastically impact your duty time.

You need to repeat what you've said to your rep, and see about getting moved onto another duty. It seems clear enough that your
working partner is the reason you are going over more than you wish.
Yes I agree with you the Dom for some reason changed a few f us last week , we have had no Re sign and he says we won’t be doing one which is surely wron? I have already explained to him this guy is slow and retiring in 3years and only wants to do it his way! He has no young kids and happily work til330/4 and I have already told Dom I need to be at school for330 ,luckily we have been finishing at about 3 ish at moment, but have already said when it’s heavier I coming back , problem is he had younger guy who ran with him last time and I’m not doing it so will see what happens as I have said loops are not working but Dom won’t upset this guy and as he’s driver he can decide how it’s done!?

It will ultimately lead to confrontation, but if you don't want to go over, you can't be made to stay out. Telling your DOM that you can crack on with a quicker partner, and he should move you, isn't out of reasonability.
yes it will probably cause problems as it has before and I have asked to work on my own but he says it can’t be done so it looks like I will be cutting off soon, the job is just getting ridiculous and not enjoyable anymore having to worry when finishing,the truth is the rounds are too big and people are struggling with amount to do and it seems like it’s only going to get worse
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by matthew68 »

loverman shabba wrote:i have split my walk into smaller loops. less weight to carry but it doesnt take an hour longer on delivery. whats the point in having a van if your still gonna carry weight like a donkey.
i don’t carry unless really light always use trolley ,problem is my partner won’t use trolley hence small loops then drives around with all parcels even small ones!its ridiculous and wasting time,so we just do it his way and I now claim most days! But it just takes so longer than it should do :confused
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by noggin1969 »

i don’t carry unless really light always use trolley ,problem is my partner won’t use trolley hence small loops then drives around with all parcels even small ones!its ridiculous and wasting time,so we just do it his way and I now claim most days! But it just takes so longer than it should do
How was the walk designed under your revision ? What method was designed into it as delivery methods ? Will not have been designed as pouch on the shoulders. Do it to the correct delivery method simple.
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by loverman shabba »

tell him to drive round with his packets after he has dropped you back at the office. sounds like a bit of a tool
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by WOBBLY »

The passenger loops are deliberately longer than the drivers to allow the driver to do heavy and large packets for that loop whist the passenger is completing their loop!
He isn't supposed to do the lot at the end! (and I'm assuming he expects you to run out and take the parcel to the door whilst he waits)
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Park and loop

Post by matthew68 »

noggin1969 wrote:
i don’t carry unless really light always use trolley ,problem is my partner won’t use trolley hence small loops then drives around with all parcels even small ones!its ridiculous and wasting time,so we just do it his way and I now claim most days! But it just takes so longer than it should do
How was the walk designed under your revision ? What method was designed into it as delivery methods ? Will not have been designed as pouch on the shoulders. Do it to the correct delivery method simple.
Don’t think it was deigned properly and everyone appears to Do it differently,Dom doesn’t seem to know and just goes with whatever this senior guy says I have no said I will be cutting off soon and he has now agreed to look at the loops properly with the other guy but I won’t hold my breath!